Oliver Maher focuses his practice on corporate and securities matters, with an emphasis on leveraged finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Mr. Maher has experience acting for both lenders and borrowers on both domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Private Credit Funds and other Lenders
- Ares Management Limited on its provision of debt financing to assist in the acquisition of the Inchcape Shipping Services Group by Epiris Private Equity.
- Ares Management Limited, in connection with its provision of financing package (comprising unitranche facilities and an equity co-investment) to support the acquisition of a leading provider of digital radio systems.
- A private credit fund, in connection with its provision of debt funding to a private equity firm to support the acquisition of an end-to-end automation software business for customers in regulated industries.
- Barings Asset Management, in connection with its provision of funding to support the acquisition of a market leading international healthcare products and services provider.
- A Brazilian alternative assets firm, in its provision of a financing package to an English law firm, to allow it to pursue various class action lawsuits in Dutch, German and UK courts relating to environmental disasters in Brazil.
- A US-based global food solutions company, on its provision of unsecured financing package to a sovereign nation in West Africa to fund improvements to the country’s national infrastructure.
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. (“GOL”) in relation to its recently concluded US$1.6 billion combined liability management and new capital financing transaction.
Financial sponsors and borrowers
- A Lebanese investment group, in relation to the refinancing of its margin loan facility.
- A travel industry focused U.S. investment fund in its capacity as borrower in relation to a secured English law facilities agreement which provided facilities, on an uncommitted basis, for general corporate purposes including refinancing of existing debt and future acquisitions.
- A Singaporean investment company focused on Asia focused clean energy products in its capacity as borrower to an English law facilities agreement to refinance its existing green bonds.
- University of Reading, LLB, Law, 2016
- University of Law, LPC, 2018, Distinction
- University of Law, M.Sc., Law, Business and Management, 2018, Distinction
- England and Wales