Quentin Muron focuses his practice on international arbitration, including both commercial disputes and investor-State arbitration, with a particular focus on matters involving States and State entities. He also acts in French court proceedings related to arbitration, be it to resolve a procedural difficulty before the juge d’appui, or for the enforcement or annulment of arbitral awards. Mr. Muron also acts as administrative secretary to arbitral tribunals. He was notably involved in disputes in the engineering, energy, shipping and telecommunications sectors, as well as shareholder disputes and disputes arising out of joint ventures.
Mr. Muron previously completed a six-month internship with Dechert, before returning to the firm as an associate. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Muron worked for the Paris office of a leading American litigation law firm, and for a leading French white-collar crime boutique.
- The Czech Republic in a PCA-UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of the seizure of planes in bankruptcy proceedings.
- The Czech Republic in an ICSID arbitration arising from the alleged illegal acts of the State in connection with real estate investments in Prague.
- The Czech Republic in a PCA-UNCITRAL arbitration arising from changes in the regulatory framework for lotteries and gaming.
- The Republic of Poland in three distinct annulment proceedings of three investment arbitration awards before French courts.
- The Republic in Poland in two parallel PCA investment arbitrations arising from alleged investments in connection with two coal mines.
- A leading State-owned railway rolling stock manufacturer against an African railway company in an ad hoc UNCITRAL arbitration arising from several international sales contracts.
- An Eastern European State in an ICC arbitration arising out of a share purchase and concession agreement in the hydrocarbons sector.
- A leading container shipping company in an ICC arbitration arising out of a joint venture set up for the exploitation of a container terminal in Morocco.
- Two telecommunications companies against an African state in an ICC arbitration related to the termination of their license to operate a telecommunications network.
- A leading French pharmaceutical company in two distinct ICC arbitrations against a pharmaceutical company related to several license and distribution agreements.
- The Hellenic Republic in annulment proceedings before an ad hoc committee of an ICSID award relating to measures taken to address the State’s financial and sovereign debt crisis.
- A real estate company in court proceedings before the juge d’appui in support of an ICC arbitration arising out of real estate investments in Central and Eastern Europe.
- The Paraguayan State national oil company against another State-owned oil company in an ICC arbitration arising out of the alleged failure to comply with a cooperation agreement for hydrocarbons supply.
- A major Middle-Eastern company in efforts to enforce in France the USD 1 billion award rendered in its favor against a Middle-Eastern State in an arbitration related to a tourism resort project.
- A leading State-owned Middle-Eastern telecommunications company in an ICC post-acquisition dispute arising from the sale of a controlling stake in a leading telecommunications company in Morocco.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Comité Français de l’Arbitrage
- International Chamber of Commerce – French National Committee (ICC France)
- International Chamber of Commerce – Young Arbitrators Forum
- Young International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Young International Arbitration Group of the London Court of International Arbitration
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master’s Degree, Law, 2014, with Merit
- Université Paris-Sud, Master 2, Business, Tax and Financial Market Law, 2015, with Merit
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M., International Business Law, 2016, with Merit