Jenna C. Newmark focuses her practice in the area of complex litigation, with a focus on product liability and mass torts. Ms. Newmark has extensive experience handling litigation strategy, including all aspects of motion practice, discovery, expert work, trials and appeals. Ms. Newmark is particularly passionate about the intersection of law and science; and plays a key role in science teams, which are critical to the core defenses at issue in the cases she defends.
Her clients have included Fortune 500 companies located nationwide involved in mass tort and other types of litigations in state and federal court. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Newmark was an associate at another global law firm and represented clients in various complex litigation matters, including product liability matters.
- Representing Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in more than 2,400 personal injury lawsuits that have been filed involving their hernia mesh products, including an MDL in New Hampshire.
- Representing a privately held global information technology company in connection with class action litigations and related matters.
- Representing an American multinational manufacturer as national counsel in all lawsuits that haven filed across the country alleging that plaintiffs developed personal injuries such as mesothelioma from the use of certain consumer products that allegedly were contaminated with asbestos.
- Representing Purdue Pharma L.P. as national counsel in lawsuits in a federal MDL and in state courts across the country concerning its prescription opioid pain medications, including OxyContin.
- Representing a medical device company in lawsuits in state and federal courts concerning their orthopedic devices.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a multi-district litigation concerning a widely used over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company as local trial counsel in mass tort litigation concerning oral contraceptive pills and intrauterine devices.
*Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Newmark was an associate at another global law firm.
- Legal Assistance for Environmental Disaster Recovery: Filing Claims with the Office of the NYC Comptroller — New York City Bar, Webcast (March 15, 2022)
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Brown University, B.A., International Relations, 2007
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2011, Writing and Research Editor for the Fordham Law Review
- New York