Maryam Naghavi represents private equity sponsors, alternative asset managers and operating companies in complex M&A transactions. These range from stock purchases or sales, asset purchases or sales, asset swaps, mergers, restructurings (including 363 sales), joint ventures, carve-outs and minority investments. Her experience extends across a wide range of industries, including life-sciences, healthcare, technology, consumer products and food services.
On the private equity side, Ms. Naghavi has advised clients such as Oak Hill Capital Partners, Genstar Capital, Insight Partners, CI Capital Partners, American Securities LLC, FFL Partners, Bridge Growth Partners, The Sterling Group, Banneker Partners, Stanley Capital and Accrete Capital. On the public company side, Ms. Naghavi has represented clients such as ClassPass, The Hershey Company, The Hain Celestial Group, Allied World, The Allstate Corporation, Innoviva, Aegerion Pharmaceutical, Tidewater, Eli-Lilly and Reckitt Benckiser Group.
Ms. Naghavi is also involved in various pro bono matters, ranging from asylum cases to advising non-for-profits and small businesses on various corporate matters. Ms. Naghavi is admitted in the state of New York only; she is not admitted in California.
- ClassPass, Inc. in its merger with Mindbody, Inc. and the strategic investment of US$500 million by Sixth Street in the combined entity.
- The Hain Celestial Group in its acquisition of Proven Brands and KTB Foods from Clearlake Capital Group (transaction value: US$259 million).
- Banneker Partners, LLC in its platform acquisition of iGrafx, LLC, a business process management company.
- LiveAction, Inc., a portfolio company of Insight Partners, in its acquisition of CounterFlow AI, Inc., a data collection and data streaming company.
- Polychem, LLC, a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, in its acquisition of all the assets of Plastrap S.A. de C.V., a manufacturer and distributor of strapping products in Mexico.
- Polychem, LLC, a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, in its acquisition of all of the assets of Caristrap International Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of strapping products in the United States, Europe and Mexico.
- BGP FS Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Bridge Growth Partners, in its acquisition of SchoolAdmin, LLC, a school admission process software company.
- BGP Bravo Holdings, LLC (d/b/a Syniti), a portfolio company of Bridge Growth Partners, in its acquisition of Data Migration Resources, a data solution company.
- Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, Ltd and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in their disposition of Vault Insurance, a provider of personal insurance to high-net-worth clients.
- The Allstate Corporation in its acquisition of National General Holdings Corp (transaction value: US$4 billion).
- Highline Aftermarket, a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, in its acquisition of the retail business of Plews, Inc., a leading designer and distributor of automotive and industrial tools and accessories.
- FFL Partners in its acquisition of Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center, PLLC, a leading orthopedic care provider in Mississippi.
- Stanley Capital in its acquisition of Noden Pharma USA and Noden Pharma DAC from PDL Biopharma Inc., wholly owned subsidiaries of PDL Biopharma, Inc. (transaction value: US$48.25 million).
- Innoviva Inc. in its strategic investment in Armata Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company focused on precisely targeted bacteriophage therapeutics for antibiotic-resistant infection (transaction value: US$23 million).
- Genstar Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in OEConnection, a leading automotive technology provider for original equipment manufacturer distribution networks.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of Novelion Therapeutics, a publicly traded Canadian company, in its recapitalization, whereby Amryt Pharma Plc, a publicly traded U.K. company, agreed to acquire 100% of Aegerion’s reorganized stock.
- Kony Inc., a leading U.S. digital banking SaaS company and a portfolio company of Insight Partners, LLC, in its sale to Temenos, a global banking software company (transaction value: US$580 million).
- Tidewater Inc. in its merger with GulfMark Offshore, Inc. (transaction value: US$1.25 billion).
- Community Choice Financial Inc. (“CCFI”) in the restructuring of its debt through an out-of-court strict foreclosure involving issuance of new PIK notes and common units by a newly formed limited liability company owned by CCFI’s debtors.
- Eli-Lilly and Company in connection with the spin-off of its animal health business.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings’ sale of Lehman Brothers U.K. Holdings (Delaware) Inc. and Lehman Pass-Through Securities Inc. to Brookfield Asset Management (transaction value: US$1 billion).
- Sanofi S.A. in the asset swap between Sanofi S.A. and Boehringer Ingelheim (transaction value: €21.8 billion).
- American Securities LLC in the sale of Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (transaction value: US$3.3 billion).
- Things Remembered in its restructuring through exchange of its senior notes for newly issued notes and equity.
- Sidewinder Drilling Inc. in its restructuring through exchange of its senior notes with newly issued notes and equity.
- BlackRock and Carlyle in connection with the restructuring of Singer Sewing Company.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Tehran, B.A., English Literature, 1999, cum laude
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, LL.B., 2010, Francis Lefebvre Award in Corporate Law Competition
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, LL.M., 2011, Special Scholar for Exchange Program
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., 2012, Dean’s list for M&A and Corporate Finance
- Admitted in New York only; not admitted in California