Solomon J. Noh focuses his practice on financial restructuring matters, particularly the representation of private capital funds and bondholder groups in distressed debt situations around the world. Mr. Noh also represents banks and investment managers in a broad range of commercial transactions, including financings and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Noh is consistently recognized and recommended by Chambers UK, The Legal 500 UK and IFLR1000. In The Legal 500 UK 2022, he is noted for his work in corporate restructuring and insolvency, and is described as an “exceptional lawyer” who is “creative and passionate about delivering the best result possible” for his clients. In the 2022 edition of Chambers UK, he is described as someone who is “super creative, commercial and works really hard.” In the 2021 edition of Chambers UK, clients say “he is incredibly bright and hard-working – you know he will do whatever it takes for you to achieve your objective.”
- A subordinated bondholder group in connection with a settlement of litigation claims against a prominent German bank.
- A consortium of hedge funds in connection with the submission of a bid for claims against Westinghouse.
- Sponsor of Danaos Corporation in connection with the company's comprehensive debt restructuring.
- A senior bondholder group in connection with its negotiations with O1 Properties.
- A subordinated bondholder group in connection with the restructuring of HSH Nordbank.
- A bank group in connection with the restructuring of Agrokor d.d.
- A senior bondholder group in connection with the restructuring of The International Bank of Azerbaijan.
- A senior bondholder group in connection with the restructuring of Brunswick Rail Finance Limited.
- A senior bondholder group in connection with the restructuring of DTEK Finance plc.
- A senior bondholder group in connection with the recapitalization of The National Bank of Greece.
- A subordinated bondholder group in connection with the resolution of Banco Espirito Santo.
- A lower tier 2 bondholder group in connection with the restructuring of The Co-operative Bank plc, the first-ever consensual creditor "bail-in" of a UK financial institution.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Hot Topics in Cross-Border Restructurings — Dechert Distressed Investing Forum, Virtual Conference (November 12, 2020)
- Princeton University, A.B., 1997
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2000
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York