Christian “Cap” Pritchett has significant experience assisting public and private companies in corporate and international tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and structuring outside the deal context. He regularly represents clients in the investment management and energy sectors.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Pritchett was an associate in the Washington office of an international law firm, and clerked at the U.S. Tax Court.
Experience includes advising:
- A major solar panel company in its tax-free distribution of 100% of its equity interests in a newly created, publicly traded Singapore company valued at US$1 billion, followed by an investment from a Chinese State-Owned Enterprise of US$298 million.
- A major mining company in its acquisition of a major steel and mining company operations in a stock and cash purchase valued at US$1.4 billion.
- A major pharmaceutical company in its US$3 billion acquisition of biopharma companies.
- A major U.S.- based specialty chemical company in its US$824 million acquisition.
- A U.S.- based business manufacturing and selling optical components in its US$1.8 billion cash and stock acquisition.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- D.C. Bar Association Tax Section
- United States Tax Court, Honorable David Gustafson
- Hampden-Sydney College, B.A., History and Rhetoric, 2012, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, advanced public speaking best speaker award
- Washington and Lee University, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, James W.H. Stewart Tax Prize
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Tax, 2016, cum laude, Graduate Tax Scholar, with distinction
- District of Columbia