João Manoel Pereira de Assis* focuses his practice on international arbitration, including both investment arbitration and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Dechert, João Manoel worked in a boutique law firm in Brazil practicing corporate law and mediation, and completed internships in two other leading international law firms in international arbitration.
- Colombian investors in an ICSID arbitration against a South American State in relation to the expropriation of a transportation company.
- A French Energy Company in an ICC Arbitration and parallel court proceedings against a Brazilian construction company.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm
- Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Law Degree, 2015
- Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, DSU, International Private Law, 2017, High Honors
- Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, Master’s Degree, International Business Law (Droit des Affaires Internationales), 2018, Honors
- *Admitted in Brazil only