Victoria E. Pedanou, Ph.D.
Dr. Victoria Pedanou is an associate with a concentration in biotechnology and life sciences. Dr. Pedanou drafts and prosecutes patent applications, both in the U.S. and internationally, and with intellectual property due diligence and freedom-to-operate analyses. She has technical expertise in antibody and fusion protein therapeutics, immuno-oncology and gene therapy.
Dr. Pedanou earned her Ph.D. at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, where her doctoral research focused on several sub-disciplines, including epigenetics, transcription, and cancer biology. Her research utilized techniques in genome wide screening, deep sequencing, RNA interference, molecular biology, cell structure and animal models.
Prior to joining Dechert, Dr. Pedanou worked as a technical specialist at the Boston office of a national law firm.
- Pedanou, VE, Boardman, A, Simone, TM, Yu, J, Ou, J, Zhu, LJ, Green, MR, "miR-203 Promotes Anoikis by Targeting and Repressing a Network of Pro-Survival Genes," (In Preparation).
- Pedanou, VE, Gobeil, S, Tabaries, S, Simone, TM, Zhu, LJ, Siegel,PM, Green, MR, "The Histone H3K9 Demethylase KDM3A Promotes Anoikis by Transcriptionally Activating Pro-Apoptotic Genes BNIP3 and BNIP3L," eLife 2016 ;5:e16844.
- Campeau, E, Ruhl VE, Rodier, F, Smith, CL, Rahmberg, BL, Fuss, JO, Campisi, J, Yaswen, P, Cooper, PK, Kaufman, PD, "A Versatile Viral System for Expression and Depletion of Proteins in Mammalian Cells," PlosOne 2009, Aug. 6;4(8): e6529.
- University of Massachusetts Medical School RNA Therapeutics Conference — Panelist, "Career Workshop" (June 2018)
BostonOne International Place, 40th Floor, 100 Oliver Street, Boston, MA, United States of America 02110-2605
- +1 617 728 7139
+1 617 275 8374
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Biochemistry, 2007, cum laude
- University of Massachusetts Medical School, Ph.D., Biomedical Science, 2016
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2022
- United States Patent and Trademark Office