Matthew P. Steinberg focuses his practice on product liability and mass torts litigation.
Mr. Steinberg was a Dechert summer associate in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office in 2019. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Steinberg served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Robert E. Bacharach of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and as a judicial intern to the Honorable Timothy J. Kelly of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. He also served a legal intern within the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division at the U.S. Department of Justice, as a legal intern within the Division of Enforcement at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and as a legal intern within the Office of the U.S. Trustee.
- A manufacturing company in product liability litigation involving allegations that a product sold to the military is related to hearing loss suffered by servicemen and women. Secured complete defense verdict in MDL bellwether trial.
- A pharmaceutical and biotechnology company as U.S. national counsel regarding any product liability issues relating to its COVID-19 vaccine.
- Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in more than 2,400 personal injury lawsuits that have been filed involving their hernia mesh products, including an MDL in New Hampshire.
- The University of Alabama, B.S., Finance, Economics, and Management, 2017, summa cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2020, Managing Editor of the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- New York
- District of Columbia