Matthew P. Steinberg focuses his practice on complex litigation, and represents clients in product liability, environmental, and toxic tort matters. He has experience with all stages of litigation, including expert witness development and discovery, motions practice, trials, and appeals.
Mr. Steinberg was a Dechert summer associate in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office in 2019. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Steinberg served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Robert E. Bacharach of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and as a judicial intern to the Honorable Timothy J. Kelly of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. He also served a legal intern within the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division at the U.S. Department of Justice, as a legal intern within the Division of Enforcement at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and as a legal intern within the Office of the U.S. Trustee.
- A manufacturing company in product liability litigation involving allegations that a product sold to the military is related to hearing loss suffered by servicemen and women. Secured complete defense verdict in MDL bellwether trial.
- A pharmaceutical and biotechnology company as U.S. national counsel regarding any product liability issues relating to its COVID-19 vaccine.
- Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in more than 2,400 personal injury lawsuits that have been filed involving their hernia mesh products, including an MDL in New Hampshire.
- GlaxoSmithKline LLC in a California Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding where it is alleged that Zantac, an acid-reducing medication, causes various forms of cancer.
- A major multinational corporation in a product liability action where the plaintiffs alleged that the client’s talcum-based baby powder products contained asbestos that caused the plaintiff to develop mesothelioma.
- A multinational chemical manufacturer and other companies in environmental mass tort litigation in New York.
- Washington Legal Foundation in filing U.S. Supreme Court amicus curiae briefs concerning expert evidence, bellwether trials, and punitive damages.
- The University of Alabama, B.S., Finance, Economics, and Management, 2017, summa cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2020, Managing Editor of the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- New York
- District of Columbia