Phillip Charles Sacks
- Ajeej Capital in the restructuring and offering of its flagship hedge fund.
- Arcapita Bank B.S.C.(c) and National Bank of Oman SAOG in the formation of a Shari’ah-compliant Cayman Islands fund focused on income-producing logistics real estate assets in Oman.
- Celtic Therapeutics Management, L.L.L.P on the establishment of a US$500 million private equity fund focusing on pharmaceuticals.
- Citco Fund Services on the establishment of its DIFC office.
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority on the establishment of a US$50 million venture capital fund focusing on IT companies in the MENA region. Representation included structuring and establishing a carried interest plan for the management team.
- Duet MENA Limited and Investbridge Capital on the formation of a credit fund to finance completion of real estate projects in the GCC.
- Eastgate Capital Group Limited on the establishment of a Saudi Arabian private equity fund focusing on companies in Saudi Arabia and the GCC.
- Emirates NBD on the establishment of a REIT.
- Eshara Capital on the establishment of a US$200 million hedge fund structured as a Cayman Islands segregated Portfolio Company.
- Gulf Finance House B.S.C. on the establishment of several open-ended and closed-ended funds including Shari’ah compliant funds, real estate funds and commodity focused funds.
- Huet Capital, a Swiss-based fund manager, in connection with the formation and reorganization of several BVI hedge funds.
- Jadwa Investment Company on the establishment of a Saudi Arabian real estate fund focusing on real estate in Riyadh and the restructuring of a UK real estate fund.
- Macquarie Capital in respect of UAE asset management and regulatory matters.
- Massaleh Investments in the establishment of a Cayman Islands hedge fund.
- Merchantbridge Group, a Middle East investment group, in connection with its corporate reorganization, involving the disposal and acquisition of interests in numerous corporate assets in various jurisdictions, including the sale of its US$640 million minority stake in Asiacell, an Iraqi telecommunication company.
- Morood LLC, a Saudi-based family office, in connection with the establishment of a Cayman Islands segregated Portfolio Company with multiple investment strategies including private equity, venture capital and real estate.
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi P.J.S.C. on the establishment of an open-ended fund of funds.
- NBK Capital on the establishment of a US$300 million Cayman Islands private equity fund focusing on middle market companies in the MENA region.
- PineBridge Investments Middle East in the formation and offering of an income-producing GCC real estate fund.
- Quantum Investment Bank Limited on the establishment of a US$100 million Shari’ah compliant private equity fund.
- Sandell Asset Management Corp on the merger and reorganization of a US$7 billion hedge fund and a US$1 billion hedge fund, and the establishment of a BVI hedge fund focusing on distressed debt.
- SHUAA Capital psc on the establishment of an AED 200 million credit fund focusing on SMEs in the United Arab Emirates.
- Sovereign wealth fund on its global investments in hedge funds and private equity funds.
- Swicorp Company on the establishment of a Cayman Islands hedge fund which shall invest in listed equities and the establishment of an open-ended Saudi Arabian fund which shall invest in listed equities in the MENA region.
- Tourism Development & Investment Company, an Abu Dhabi quasi-governmental body, on the establishment of a US$500 million infrastructure fund focusing on investments in Abu Dhabi together with the establishment of a UAE management company.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Annual Dechert DIFC Asset Management Forum - Focus on Real Assets and Credit - United Arab Emirates (March, 2019)
- The Annual Dechert DIFC Asset Management Forum - United Arab Emirates (March, 2018)
- Tax and Regulatory Issues of Investing in the Middle East - Dubai (December, 2017)
- New Money from New Markets - How to Raise and Manage Money from Asia and the Middle East - New York (March, 2017)
- Capital Raising 2017 - Tips and Trends in Europe, the US and the GCC - March, 2017)
- DIFC Funds - 2016 and beyond - Dubai (September, 2016)
- +971 4 425 6340
+971 4 425 6301
Dubai804 South Tower, Emirates Financial Tower, Al Sukook Road, DIFC, PO Box 506675, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- +971 4 425 6340
+971 4 425 6301
- Murdoch University, 2002
- England and Wales