Chloë Taylor focuses her practice on corporate and securities matters, with a particular emphasis on acquisition finance, leveraged finance and general banking work.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Taylor was an associate in the finance practice at another international law firm.
- A consortium of investors on the acquisition of a portfolio of six large hydro power plants in Portugal (transaction valued at €2.2 billion).
- An international sponsor on the acquisition of a portfolio of renewable energy projects (wind and solar PV) in Italy.
- An international sponsor on the acquisition of a portfolio of wind projects in Italy.
- A multinational company on the sale of 20% stake in one of its wholly owned subsidiaries that housed its pharmaceutical businesses.
- An international investor on a platinum metal purchase transaction in relation to an international mining group.
- A variety of international lenders on the provision of sixteen multi-million dollar guaranteed facilities to a leading international telecommunications company (totaling US$2.75 billion across all facilities).
- A DRC operating entity of a leading international telecommunications company (as borrower) and its Dutch incorporated parent as guarantor) on its syndicated term facility financing.
- A U.S. multinational company on internal reorganisation of its global business and inter-company debt.
- A Kenyan operating entity of a leading international telecommunications company (as borrower) and its Dutch incorporated parent as guarantor) on its syndicated term facility financing.
- A leading battery energy storage system (BESS) producer on battery energy projects worldwide.
- A consortium of sponsors on the financing of a greenfield seawater reverse osmosis desalination project.
- A Kuwaiti incorporated entity (and its Saudi Arabian subsidiary) on restructuring of existing debt finance.
- An international energy sponsor on its preferred bid in respect of the South African Risk Mitigation Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (RMIPPPP).
- A development finance institution on its term loan facility to a leading Nigerian manufacturer.
- A development finance institution on its investment in a Tanzanian bank for the financing of its agri-related lending.
- An international mining company on a project financing term loan for a mining project in Turkey.
- A South African bank on a multi-million-dollar facility to a Tanzanian mining company in relation to its investment in gold mining.
- The lenders on the restructuring of a Nigerian property financing.
- A development finance institute on its debt and equity investments in a Mauritian fund.
- A development finance institute on the restructuring of its debt and equity investments.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- The Role of the LMA in Developing Markets: a Case Study of Africa – Co-author, chapter in The LMA 25 Years in the Loan Market (2021)
- The Impact of the Demise of LIBOR and the Rise of Risk Free Rates on the LMA Developing Markets Documentation – Co-author, Loan Market Association, Briefings (December 2021)
- South Africa’s Economic Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic – Co-author, SA Financial Markets Journal (April 2020)
- University of Cape Town, B. Soc. Sc., Political Science, English Literature, 2006
- Nottingham Trent University, LL.B. (Hons), 2013, 2:1
- University of Law, LL.M., International Legal Practice, 2016, Commendation
- England and Wales