Mark Thompson is a partner in Dechert’s global private equity group. An experienced corporate lawyer, Mr. Thompson’s practice focuses on advising financial sponsor clients, particularly those operating in the private equity real estate sector, across a broad spectrum of complex transactions, covering public and private M&A, joint ventures and securities transactions.
- Brookfield on its majority investment in a €500 million joint venture to acquire, develop and manage logistics and industrial assets throughout Iberia.
- Oak View Group on its joint venture arrangements with City Football Group in respect of the development of “Co-op Live,” a £350 million indoor music and entertainment venue being built in Manchester.
- Lovell Minnick Partners, LLC on its acquisition of a majority stake in HWM Group, a leading fund administration software solutions supplier.
- I Squared and TDR Capital on the £2.322 billion recommended cash acquisition of Aggreko, a world-leading provider of mobile modular power, temperature control and energy services.
- SOF-12 Cambridge BidCo Limited, owned by Starwood Funds, on the c. £467.9 million recommended cash offer for RDI REIT.
- AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets on the acquisition of the Kadans Science Partner platform.
- Ares Management on its CHF 200 million investment into Peach Property Group AG.
- Bain Capital Credit on its entry into a strategic partnership with Beat Capital Partners Ltd.
- Starwood Capital Group on the acquisition of a 29.42% stake in London-listed RDI Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
- GIC on the acquisition of a UK real estate portfolio.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners on the acquisition of AutoStore from EQT.
- A consortium consisting of Apax, Warburg Pincus, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the US$3.4 billion take private of Inmarsat, a British satellite communications group.
- Brookfield on its c. £3 billion consortium bid for Intu plc.
- Citadel Americas LLC on its acquisition of the intellectual property and business of Cumulus Asset Management.
- Carlyle International Energy Partners on its acquisition of EnerMech Group, a leading global provider of full life cycle asset integrity management solutions for energy, industrial and infrastructure applications, from Lime Rock.
- Brookfield on its acquisition and financing of the SACO (Serviced Apartment Company) platform from Oaktree Capital Management.
- Global Logistics Properties (GLP) on its acquisition of European logistics business IDI Gazeley from Brookfield Asset Management for approximately US$2.8 billion.
- GLP on its bid for Logicor.
- Brookfield on its bid for Generator Hostels.
- Brookfield on its acquisition of GL Europe RE Holdings SARL, a UK student accommodation platform, from Avenue Capital. The transaction was Brookfield’s first European investment in student housing.
- Oaktree Capital Management on the carve out and sale of its UK student housing business to a consortium of GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, and global student accommodation firm GSA.
- Brookfield on its acquisition of real estate assets from Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. following chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, on its €2.4 billion acquisition of P3 Logistic Parks, a leading specialist pan-European owner, developer and manager of logistics properties, from TPG Real Estate and Ivanhoé Cambridge.
- HgCapital (Mercury Fund) on its successful (recommended) take private of Allocate Software plc.
- Brookfield Property Partners on its acquisition of Candor Investments Ltd from Unitech Corporate Parks plc (a Class 1 disposal).
- Arcapita Bank BSC on the sale of PointPark Properties to TPG Capital and Ivanhoé Cambridge.
- Ares Management Limited on its £200 million joint venture partnership with Mount Anvil.
- Rhône Capital LLC on its acquisition of Eden Springs Ltd a leading water and coffee company.
- Davies Group Limited (a portfolio company of BC Partners), on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Worksmart Limited, a leading supplier of regulatory technology for people and process management in the UK.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Cambridge, B.A. (Hons), 2007
- The College of Law, London, Legal Practice Course, 2009, Commendation
- England and Wales