Melissa A. Vallejo is a litigator who focuses her practice on a wide range of high-profile complex commercial litigations, arbitrations, investigations and regulatory matters. Ms. Vallejo has experience in handling discovery for multi-billion-dollar disputes, as well as motion practice and trial tasks. She has frequently represented corporations, boards of directors, and other clients on shareholder and derivative actions.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Vallejo was a litigation associate at another international law firm.
- A major banking institution in litigation related to a multibillion-dollar Ponzi scheme.
- A major technology company in dismissing securities class actions and shareholder derivative suits related to DRAM price-fixing conspiracy.
- An automotive supplier company in shareholder derivative litigation following allegations that the company materially misstated litigation risks in its public filings.
- Independent directors of a major public utility company in investigations relating to the California wildfires.
- An insurance company against breach of contract claims filed in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Safer Bathrooms in Syringe Exchange Programs: Injecting Progress into the Harm Reduction Movement - 118 Colum. L. Rev. 1185 (2018)
- Columbia University, B.A., Political Science, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, 2013
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2018, Online Editor, Columbia Law Review; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- New York