Craig Watson has a broad practice covering both complex commercial litigation and white collar crime, specifically the investigation and defense of matters involving corruption, fraud and money laundering.
Mr. Watson advises both organizations and individuals on internal investigations, multi-jurisdictional regulatory investigations and prosecutions undertaken by UK authorities and regulators, such as the Serious Fraud Office and Financial Conduct Authority, as well as other international authorities. He also advises clients on a range of international commercial disputes, with a particular focus on civil fraud and the financial services sector. Mr. Watson has acted for claimants and defendants in international and multi-party proceedings in the Commercial Court and the Chancery as well as King’s Bench Divisions of the High Court.
Mr. Watson trained and qualified with Dechert, spending four months on secondment at the aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, based in Toulouse.
- Airbus SE in a global investigation into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption, and subsequent coordinated settlements with the UK Serious Fraud Office, French Parquet National Financier, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of State, as well as further internal investigations and advising on divestments from historic corporate contracts.
- A state government in relation to a multi-jurisdictional investigation into historic fraud amounting to over US$1 billion.
- A Russian businessman in a dispute over ownership of assets worth in excess of EUR200 million, involving litigation in the BVI.
- GPT Special Project Management Limited in the decade long investigation and prosecution by the SFO into bribery and corruption.
- The victims of the Beirut Port Blast in their Lebanese law claim against an English domiciled company brought before the English courts.
- The UK Treasury mandated investigation, undertaken Dame Elizabeth Gloster, concerning the FCA’s handling of the collapse of London Capital and Finance.
- A group of high-net-worth individuals facing enforcement action from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Department of Justice regarding international bribery and corruption.
- A group of company directors subject to an investigation by the London Stock Exchange concerning their involvement in transactions relating to an AIM listed company.
- An individual interviewed and facing investigation from the FCA concerning his involvement in potential misconduct whilst working at a large international bank.
- A large international manufacturer in drafting submissions to the World Trade Organisation regarding an international trade dispute.
- A European government, a large UK conglomerate and a UK trade body regarding the impact of Brexit and providing advice regarding public policy and institutional lobbying.
- University of Glasgow, LL.B., Scots Law, 2014
- The University of Edinburgh, LL.M., European Law, 2016, Distinction
- BPP University, LPC, 2018, Distinction
- England and Wales