Foreign Direct Investment
- TerraPower LLC, a U.S. nuclear reactor design company, in its joint venture with China National Nuclear Corporation for the development of Traveling Wave Reactor (TWR) that promote clean energy growth.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp in its US$1 billion divesture of Kerr-McGee China Petroleum Ltd., which owns Anadarko’s non-operating interest in two blocks in the offshore Bohai Bay field in northeast China to Chinese oil trader Brightoil Petroleum Holdings Ltd.
- Shaanxi Non-Ferrous Metal Group in its joint venture with a US company to develop polysilicon manufacturing facility in China.
- Energy Development Corporation (China), Inc. in its sale of EDC (subsidiary of Noble Energy Inc.)’s interest in the Chengdaoxi Contract Area in China, in relation to the producing oil fields in the shall water of Bohai Bay under a Petroleum Contract with China Petrochemical Corporation, to Genting CDX Singapore Pte Ltd., a subsidiary of Genting Oil & Gas Limited.
- A US Fund in connection with providing advices on its operations in China.
- TPG Capital in connection with its acquisition of certain interests in China from Ashland as part of the global transaction.
- A Singapore Listed Company in a stock swap with a Chinese company, the first of its kind between a foreign listed company and a Chinese company in China.
- A Singapore commodities trading company in connection with regulatory issues in China.
- Multiple funds in connection with regulatory issues in China.
Oil and Gas
- CNOOC in relation to the long-term purchase from BP of up to 1.5 million tonnes of LNG per year and related regasification arrangements, a transaction which has been valued at approximately US$20 billion.
- China Investment Corporation (CIC) in connection with the €2.3 billion acquisition of a 30 per cent stake in the gas and oil exploration and production business of Gaz de France (GDF).
- A Chinese SOE in connection with the acquisition of a certain per cent stake in the gas and oil exploration and production business of a French company.
- A Chinese SOE in connection with its acquisition of the shares of a Brazilian company which holds interests in three oil and gas field blocks in Peru.
- A Chinese SOE in connection with its acquisition from a U.S. company of a certain percentage of net undivided interest in oil and gas leases in U.S.
- A Chinese SOE on its purchase of a certain percent minority interest in a U.S. company’s oil and gas operations in Egypt.
- A Chinese SOE in its acquisition of oil and gas assets from a Panama company owning upstream assets in Egypt.
- A U.S. company in connection with its sale of certain percentage of net undivided interest in oil and gas leases in five shale plays to a Chinese SOE.
- A Chinese company in connection with its acquisition of certain oil and gas interests in Kazakhstan.
- A Chinese company in connection with the acquisition of a Canadian company’s certain upstream assets in Ecuador.
- A Chinese fund in connection with its acquisition of a minority interest in a UK company with upstream interests in sub-Saharan Africa.
- A Hong Kong company in the investment of five oil and gas blocks in Ethiopia.
Merger and Acquisitions
- A U.S. asset management company in connection with its proposed acquisition of gas storage facilities in Texas, California and Louisiana, U.S.
- A Chinese company in connection with the proposed acquisition of auto parts subsidiaries of a German company in 6 countries.
- A Hong Kong company in connection with the acquisition of terminal and storage assets in Europe.
- A Hong Kong company in connection with the proposed acquisition of an oil storage facility in Indonesia.
- A Chinese company in connection with the proposed sale of its retail LNG business.
- A Chinese SOE in connection with the establishment of a joint venture in China with a U.S. company.
- A U.S. fund in connection with its acquisition of a U.S. petrochemical comapny's distribution unit.
- A U.S. asset management company in connection with its investments in a geothermal company with assets in U.S.
- A U.S. company in connection with the design, construction, operation and financing of a LNG terminal in Canada.
- A Chinese company in connection with the proposed investment in a refinery project in Cambodia.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Tsinghua University, B.E., Engineering Physics, 2001
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering , 2007
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 2010, Article Editor, Northwestern University Journal of Law and Social Policy