Helen Yan focuses her practice on financial restructuring, bankruptcy litigation and business reorganization, including Chapter 11 bankruptcies and Chapter 15 cross-border cases.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Yan served in the Civil Litigation - Employment Law Clinic at NYU School of Law and worked as a judicial intern for Hon. Lorna G. Schofield of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Housing repair action – Work with the Legal Aid Society to represent client seeking to compel landlord to make repairs and provide essential services in the New York City Housing Court.
- Prisoners’ rights litigation – Work with the Prisoners’ Legal Services of New York in civil rights action on behalf of individual unlawfully subjected to solitary confinement.
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Columbia University, Columbia College, B.A., 2019, cum laude, Departmental Honors in Film Studies
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2022, Staff Editor, Annual Survey of American Law
- New York