Rebecca Kahan Waldman is a partner in the White Collar and Securities Litigation Group. Ms. Waldman focuses her practice on complex commercial and securities disputes with an emphasis on litigation involving the banking and financial services sectors, white collar and internal investigations, and eDiscovery. She also has significant trial experience and has served as trial counsel in a number of bankruptcy litigations.
- The former chief executive officer of registered futures commission merchant and broker dealer in civil litigations and congressional and regulatory inquiries arising out of bankruptcy of former employer.
- The former chief risk officer of Fannie Mae against securities fraud charges filed by the SEC in the Southern District of New York.
- Companies, financial institutions, hedge funds, special committees of boards of directors and individuals in various types of litigations including litigations based on breaches of various types of contracts.
- Individuals and companies in class action lawsuits alleging violations of federal securities laws.
- Individuals and companies in investigations commenced by the SEC, CFTC, Department of Justice, state attorneys general, and Congress.
- Creditors and bondholders in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and related adversary proceedings, including representing certain bondholders of Momentive Performance Materials Inc. (In re MPM Silicones, LLC, Case No. 14-22503 (RDD) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)).
- The Bank of New York Mellon, as trustee of residential mortgage-backed securitization (RMBS) trusts, in a variety of matters, including litigation seeking the approval of an $8.5 billion proposed settlement with Bank of America Corp. in connection with 530 RMBS trusts. (In the matter of the application of The Bank of New York Mellon, Index No. 651786/2011 (Supreme Court, New York County)).
- The Bank of New York Mellon, as trustee of residential mortgage-backed securitization (RMBS) trusts, in litigation concerning various RMBS-related settlements and claims in the bankruptcy of Residential Capital, LLC, and certain of its subsidiaries (In re Residential Capital, LLC et al., Case No. 12-12020 (MG) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y)).
- The Bank of New York Mellon in all aspects of litigation and SEC and CFTC investigations relating to the bankruptcy of Sentinel Management Group.
- Issuers, underwriters, sponsors and controlling persons of RMBS trusts in a variety of government investigations and matters alleging, among other things, violations of state and federal securities laws.
- A leading education and finance company in connection with investigations of the student loan industry by the Attorneys General of 10 states and various Congressional committees.
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2003, magna cum laude
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2006, Writing & Research Editor of the Fordham International Law Journal
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Fordham Recent Graduates Committee
American Bar Association
New York City Bar Association