Sophie Lafay focuses her practice on corporate law.
Ms. Lafay works exclusively in this practice and ensures the annual legal follow-up of listed and unlisted companies, including several groups and isolated companies. She also carries out operations of reorganization (mergers, partial contributions of capital, contributions in kind).
She has been entrusted with the access of entities on the regulated market, after having intervened on IPO operations. Ms. Lafay also takes part in the all the stages of operations of acquisition related to corporate law. She assists the firm’s clients with issues of securities, especially in terms of fundraising or group refinancing plans.
Ms. Lafay began her career with general practitioners and, for six years, she was in charge of the legal follow-up of a group of family-owned companies. Prior to joining Dechert in 2005, Ms. Lafay worked at a French law firm and in the Paris office of another international law firm.
- Representation of a Dutch company, international supplier of medical devices and pharmaceuticals, in connection with the €17 million acquisition of a French family-owned group, supplier of a broad range of medical devices to healthcare professionals.
- Representation of a U.S. group in its acquisition of a French leading group in the private security sector.
- Representation of an international pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a French contract manufacturer.
- Restructuring of a French group of two operational companies in the IT components and services sector.
- Subsidiarising of manufacturing activities in a French group in the packaging industry.
- Restructuring of the management and the headquarters activity of a group in the tools industry.
- Representation of a major pharmaceutical group in the restructuring of a group of pharmaceutical laboratories in France.
- Representation of a listed Irish group in the sale of a part of its French business to a group in the food & beverage industry.
- Representation of construction group in the sale of its architectural business to a provider of engineering services.
- Restructuring and rationalization of the French subsidiary of an international electrical appliances manufacturer.
- Representation of a biotechnology company for its IPO on Euronext.
- Representation of several lead investors in connection with Series B investments in French companies.
Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, J.D., 1992
Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, DESS, 1993