Dechert Partner, Declan O'Sullivan took part in the Opalesque Ireland Roundtable on October 4, 2017. The panel, made up of leading professionals in the funds industry in Ireland, discussed:
- Ireland’s role in the private credit industry which could reach one trillion dollars in assets by 2020 (compound growth of 20% a year)(page 7)
- Why has there been a significant uptake in Irish Common Contractual funds (CCFs) in the recent past? (page 9-11, 13)
- What is behind the Dublin-Luxembourg debate? (page 11-13)
- Ireland and Brexit (page 14 - 18).
- Will there be a significant difference to the investment management industry between a hard and soft Brexit?(page 22-24)
- Ireland's one of the most important recent developments (page 18)
- Dublin is also a major Tech Hub - countless benefits and synergies with the finance sector (page 19)
- Will we see a return to more actively managed funds over the next three to five years? (page 24-25)
Read 'Ireland Opalesque Roundtable 2017'