Beverly J. Ang
Counsel New York Antitrust/Competition
- CVS Health in its US$70 billion acquisition of Aetna, the largest announced deal of 2017 and the largest healthcare services deal ever.
- Fortune Group Holdings Limited, wholly owned by Chatchaval Jiaravanon, on the purchase of FORTUNE media brand for approximately US$150 million from Meredith Corporation.
- Differential Brands Group Inc., a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Hudson, Robert Graham and SWIMS, to acquire from Global Brands Group Holding Limited, a Hong Kong listed company, a significant part of its North American licensing business for a purchase price of approximately US$1.2 billion.
- Egalet Corporation, a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company, in its bankruptcy-related acquisition of four FDA-approved, non-narcotic pain products from Iroko Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Morphic Therapeutic, a biotechnology company, in its partnership with AbbVie, a research-based global biopharmaceutical company, in a research and development collaboration designed to advance a number of Morphic's oral integrin therapeutics for fibrosis-related indications.
- Rocket Software, which was majority owned by affiliates of Court Square Capital Partners, on the sale of a majority stake in the company to an affiliate of Bain Capital Private Equity for approximately US$2 billion.
- B&G Foods, Inc., a manufacturer, seller and distributor of high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods, in the sale of its Pirate Brands business to The Hershey Company for approximately US$420 million.
- Court Square Capital Partners, a leading middle market private equity firm, on their growth investment in Integrated Prescription Management, a full-service pharmacy benefit manager.
- Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. and PaxVax Global, L.P. in connection with the sale of PaxVax Holding Company Ltd. and its subsidiaries, to Emergent BioSolutions Inc. for approximately US$270 million.
- Griffon Corporation and its subsidiary Clopay Building Products Company, Inc. in its acquisition of CornellCookson, Inc., a US manufacturer and marketer of rolling steel door and grille products designed for commercial, industrial, institutional, and retail use, for approximately US$180 million.
- Mirae Asset Global Investments, one of Asia's leading independent financial companies with approximately US$400 billion in assets under management, in connection with the acquisition of Global X Management Company LLC, a New York-based sponsor of exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Crown Holdings, Inc., a global leader in consumer packaging, in connection with its proposed acquisition of Signode Industrial Group Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd., a provider of transit packaging systems and solutions, from The Carlyle Group, in a cash transaction valued at approximately US$3.91 billion.
- Griffon Corporation on the sale of Clopay Plastic Products Company, a provider of specialty plastic films, to Berry Global Group, Inc. for approximately US$475 million in cash.
- Concentra Group Holdings, LLC and Select Medical Holdings Corporation in connection with the combination of Concentra, an occupational medicine and urgent care service provider, with U.S. HealthWorks, Inc., a subsidiary of Dignity Health.
- Griffon Corporation in its approximately US$260 million acquisition of ClosetMaid Corporation, a market leader of home storage and organization products, from Emerson Electric Co.
- B&G Foods, Inc. in its approximately US$162.5 million acquisition of Back to Nature Foods Company, LLC, a leader in the better-for-you snack foods category.
- HVAC Holdco, LLC, an entity controlled by private equity firm Sterling Investment Partners, in its sale of Service Logic, the largest provider of aftermarket maintenance, repair and replacement services for commercial HVAC equipment, to affiliates of private equity firm Warburg Pincus.
- NOVADAQ Technologies Inc., the leading provider of proven comprehensive fluorescence imaging solutions for medical procedures, in its acquisition by Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), one of the world's leading medical technology companies.
- Lexmark International Inc., a global imaging leader, in the sale of its Enterprise Software business to Thoma Bravo, a leading private equity firm.
- J.H. Whitney Capital Partners in the merger of its portfolio company PSA Healthcare with an affiliate of Bain Capital Private Equity that had previously agreed to acquire Epic Health Services.
- Ipsen in its acquisition of the global oncology assets of Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, including its key marketed product ONIVYDE®, for up to US$1 Billion.
- Veritas Capital and its affiliate Truven Holding Corp. in the US$2.6 billion acquisition of Truven Health Analytics by IBM Watson Health.
- Marlin Equity Partners in its acquisition of Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, from General Dynamics.
- Cerberus Capital Management and its affiliate the Traxis Group BV in the sale of School Bus Holdings Inc., an indirect parent company of Blue Bird, to Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Cerberus Capital Management and AB Acquisition LLC in the approximately US$9.2 billion acquisition of Safeway Inc.
- Veritas Capital in its approximately US$310 million acquisition of BeyondTrust Software from Insight Venture Partners.
- Aeroflex Holding Corp. in its approximately US$1.46 billion merger with Cobham plc.
- Marlin Equity Partners in its approximately US$891 million acquisition of Tellabs Inc.Cerberus Capital Management and AB Acquisition LLC in the acquisition of United Supermarkets LLC.
- Marlin Equity Partners in its acquisition of Nokia Siemens Networks’ optical networks business.
- Cerberus Capital Management and LNR Property LLC on the approximately US$1.05 billion sale of LNR to Starwood Property Trust and Starwood Capital Group.
- Cerberus Capital Management and AB Acquisition LLC in the approximately US$3.3 billion acquisition from SUPERVALU Inc. of its Albertsons, Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s and related Osco and Sav-on in-store pharmacies.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its US$950 million acquisition of a majority stake in AT&T's Yellow Pages - Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive Businesses.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law
- New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- +1 212 698 3812
+1 212 698 3599
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3812
+1 212 698 3599
- Amherst College, B.A., 1999, magna cum laude
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- New York
- New Jersey