Marcela Gómez Morin is an associate of the corporate and securities group in Dechert’s New York office and has significant experience representing public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Gómez Morin was an associate at a leading Mexican law firm, and also worked as a visiting attorney at a large New York-based law firm.
Ms. Gómez Morin is admitted in Mexico only; she is not admitted in New York.
- Abertis Infraestructuras and GIC on the US$2.3 billion acquisition of a 70% stake in Red de Carreteras de Occidente, one of the largest toll road operators in Mexico (LatinFinance Private Equity Deal of the Year Award 2020).
- SoftBank, as leader of the consortium formed with Google and the Raine Group, in the US$1 billion investment for the merger of Mexico-based broadcast and media company Grupo Televisa and U.S.-based media company Univision Communication, which resulted in the largest Spanish-language multimedia company with broad reach in Mexico and the U.S.
- Grupo México on its venture into the liquid fuel storage business, through a partnership with Valero Marketing and Supply de México, a subsidiary of Valero Energy Corporation, to build two gasoline and diesel storage terminals in the cities of Guadalajara and Monterrey, Mexico.
- Mexico’s second-largest retail chain, Organización Soriana, on the acquisition of the controlling 96% stake in one of its main competitors, Controladora Comercial Mexicana, for an amount of US$2.6 billion. The acquisition was conducted through a public tender offer in the Mexican Stock Exchange and resulted in the indirect acquisition by Organización Soriana of 143 retail stores throughout Mexico.
- AT&T on the US$2.5 billion acquisition of the Mexican wireless provider Iusacell from Grupo Salinas, a Mexican conglomerate of companies engaged in the media, telecommunications, financial and retail industries.
- Banco Santander, S.A., BNP Paribas and HSBC Bank plc, as underwriters, in the Republic of Chile’s issuance of €830 million 1.44% notes due 2029.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Bachelor in Law, 2012
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, LL.M., 2017
- Admitted in Mexico only; not admitted in New York