Alex H. Rosenthal
Associate New York Global Finance
Alex H. Rosenthal is an associate in Dechert’s global finance practice with a focus on commercial real estate. Mr. Rosenthal has extensive experience in real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint venture formations, commercial leasing, ground leasing and financing transactions both across the country and internationally.
Mr. Rosenthal has successfully represented and advised numerous investors, developers, lenders, owners and tenants on complex matters related to all types of real estate, including office, retail, residential, industrial and hospitality. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Rosenthal was an attorney at a major international law firm and a national law firm.
- A sovereign wealth fund in connection with its US$8 billion joint venture with Brookfield for the development of Manhattan West, a development that includes seven million square feet of office space in three buildings, and residential, hotel, retail and open space spanning five acres in the Hudson Yards District.
- Private placement noteholders and designated lenders in connection with real estate matters relating to the financing of the US$2.8 billion acquisition of Skyway Concession Company, which operates, manages and maintains the Chicago Skyway toll road under a 99-year lease pursuant to a public-private partnership with the City of Chicago.
- A major U.S. financial institution as administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with US$750 million in senior unsecured bridge financing commitments for REIT Government Properties Income Trust’s acquisition of First Potomac Realty Trust in a US$1.4 billion transaction.
- Thailand’s leading global chemical company, Indorama Ventures (IVL), in connection with the real estate components of its US$2.1 billion acquisition of Huntsman’s chemicals units.
- A hedge fund-backed, quantitative-driven real estate firm in connection with the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of large manufactured housing parks in Texas, Alabama and Georgia.
- A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a new research and development facility that is expected to accelerate discovery and development of vaccines and antiviral drugs against COVID-19, its variants and other infectious diseases, and to support U.S. pandemic preparedness.
- A national quality sheets and bedding accessory company in the negotiation of both retail and office leases including locations in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Brooklyn, Santa Monica, Portland, and Washington, D.C.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Small business tenants – Regularly work with small business tenants on issues related to eviction, defaults and other negotiations and resolutions with landlords, municipalities and other institutions.
- Contraction Rights in NYC Commercial Leasing: Surveying the Post-COVID Landscape – Law360 (August 2022)
- Why the Federal Government Should Act to Create a New Action Insurance Program – National Real Estate Investor (June 2020)
- What Does A Business Tenant Really Care About? – National Law Institute CLE (October 13, 2022)
- Environmental Justice Implications for Brownfield Redevelopment – Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast – Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop (September 13, 2022)
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York City Bar Association
- Real Estate Board of New York
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3615
+1 212 698 3599
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Linguistics; B.A. in Spanish, 2010, High Distinction; 6-time James B Angell Scholar
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2014, The Wharton School – Certificate in Business, Economics and Public Policy; Associate Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law
- New York
- New Jersey