Cartel Regulation 2021
Cartel Regulation 2021 provides an in-depth, practical review by jurisdiction of relevant statutes, enforcement actions, immunity and leniency options, and contested proceedings and penalties, in addition to highlights on recent developments. The guide also addresses strategies for mitigating risks and limiting potential fines.
Dechert antitrust co-chair Steven Bizar and associate Julia Chapman have again authored the guide’s chapter on the United States jurisdiction — and for the first time, antitrust partner Mélanie Thill-Tayara and national partner Marion Provost have authored the European chapter.
The chapters cover a range of topics, including:
- Relevant statutes and case law
- Investigatory powers and jurisdictional reach
- International cooperation
- Extraterritorial application of U.S. and EU law
- Private damage claims and class actions
- Criminal and civil sanctions and fines
- How to get the fine down
- Coronavirus-related policies and temporary frameworks
Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. This article was first published in Getting the Deal Through – Cartel Regulation 2021.