We may provide different or additional information about our privacy practices to residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer to the below region-specific privacy information if it applies to you:
- If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom, please see our Data Protection Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways. For example, you may provide information directly to us, we may receive your information from someone else, or we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of our Websites. Some of the information you provide to us or that we collect is “personal information.” The personal information that you provide and that we collect or receive from you depends on the context of your interaction with us and our Websites, the choices you make when you use our Websites, and the products and features that you use.
Information You Provide To Us
When you interact with us through our Websites, you may provide information directly to us. For example, you may provide information to us when you:
- Register for an event or webinar. You may provide us with your name, business contact details, employment-related information, travel details, dietary preferences and other information.
- Subscribe to our mailing lists, client alerts or newsletters. You may provide us with your name and business contact details and other employment-related information.
- Register for and use our subscription services. You may provide us with your account credentials, such as a user ID and password.
- Participate in a survey. You may provide us with your name, employment related information, and your feedback regarding webinars, seminars and other events that we host or sponsor.
- Fill out questionnaires and assessments on our Website. You may provide us with your name and business contact details and other employment-related information, as well as information about your company, in relation to such questionnaires and assessments.
- Submit an enquiry or communicate with us via our Website.
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- The domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Information regarding your downloads on and use of our Websites and subscription services.
- Information regarding when you access and how you use our Websites. This includes information regarding the duration of your engagement with certain aspects of the Websites.
This information may be combined and linked with information from other sources.
How We Use Information
- To present our Websites and its contents to you and to operate our Websites.
- To deliver the information or services you have requested from us.
- To reach out to you about new information or services to you that we believe you may be interested in, including to market to you.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Websites.
- To help us improve our Websites and deliver a better and more personalized experience. This includes by enabling us to estimate and analyze our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you visit our Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you. This includes for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Websites, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with applicable law.
- For legal and compliance purposes.
- To help us develop new products and services.
- For our legitimate interests and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
- With our affiliates.
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. These third parties may include companies that host our Websites, provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, payment processing and other services. These third parties may use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted.
- When you request any of our products or services. We will share your information to the extent necessary to fulfill your request.
- When required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.