- Multiple former Fortune 100 CEOs in investigations brought by the DOJ, SEC, CFTC and FTC, as well as related civil actions brought by private plaintiffs.
- Multiple debt, equities and derivatives traders in investigations regarding alleged misrepresentations and market manipulation, including “spoofing.”
- A multinational manufacturing company in connection with class action products liability litigation and multiple related criminal and regulatory investigations.
- A national professional services firm in connection with an internal investigation arising from the departure of a former partner charged with criminal activity.
- A Payday Lender in a civil regulatory action filed in the District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Brown’s pro bono experience includes representing federal inmates in requests for pardons, sentence reductions, and other clemency.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Honorable Barbara S. Jones
- The University of Vermont, B.A., 1994, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1999, magna cum laude, Executive Articles Editor of the Georgetown Law Review
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York