Michael A. Fisher
Counsel Philadelphia Intellectual Property
- Dexcowin Global, Inc. v. Aribex, Inc. (U.S. District Court, Central District of California). Represented patentee in patent litigation involving handheld X-ray devices for dentistry. After winning summary judgment of infringement against the accused products, helped Aribex reach a favorable settlement.
- Amkor Technology, Inc. v. Synaptics Inc., et al. (U.S. District Court, District of Delaware). Represented leading semiconductor packaging company in trade secret, copyright and patent litigation claiming over US$90 million in damages. Reached favorable settlement.
- TGR Intellectual Props., LLC v. KaVo Dental Techs., LLC. (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois). Represented defendant in patent litigation involving display mounting devices for dental offices. Reached favorable settlement.
- Mondis Technology Ltd. v. LG Electronics, et. al. (U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas). Represented Mondis in an eight-patent case relating to computer monitor DDC/CI interfaces and Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) capabilities. Secured jury verdict for Mondis that the asserted patents were valid and infringed.
- Synopsis, Inc. v. Magma Design Automation (U.S. District Court, District of Delaware). Represented plaintiff Synopsis in patent litigation involving electronic design automation (EDA) software for designing semiconductor chips. Reached favorable settlement.
- In re: Katz Interactive Call Processing Patent Litigation (U.S. District Court, Central District of California). Represented defendant TD Banknorth in patent litigation involving systems and software for automatic processing of telephone calls. Reached favorable settlement.
- Hitachi Consumer Elecs. Co., Ltd. v. Top Victory Elecs. (Taiwan) Co. Ltd., et al. (E.D. Tex.). Represent Hitachi in a fifteen-patent case involving digital television technology. Pending.
- Technical Witts, Inc. v. Skynet Elec. Co., Ltd., et al. (U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit). Represented Technical Witts in a patent appeal involving switching power supply technology. Settled.
- Represented a dental equipment company in license negotiations involving a variety of products used for dentistry.
- Represented an electronics company in license negotiations involving consumer products.
- Analyzed the patent portfolio of a client in the media technology industry.
- Represented an electronics company in license negotiations involving computer memory.
- Represented an investment company in negotiations involving battery charging technology.
- Represented an electronics company in license negotiations involving network interface technology.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Trademark Protection for New Product and App Launches in 2020- Q&A —LES Philadelphia Chapter, Philadelphia, PA (January 28, 2020)
- Section 101: The Latest from the Courts and the USPTO —Dechert's Intellectual Property Seminar, Philadelphia, PA (December 3, 2019)
- Patent Basics — Drexel University, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (November 21, 2017)
Speaker, "Patent Basics" panel provided an overview of patent issues for engineers, including what rights a patent gives (and does not give) you, why you might want a patent, what kinds of inventions can be patented, how to get a patent, and how to figure out whether your invention is valuable enough to justify the expense of patenting it.
- Patent Cases on the Move: SCOTUS Causes Seismic Shift in Venue —Dechert's Intellectual Property Seminar, Philadelphia, PA (November 1, 2017)
- Practical Business and Legal Considerations for International Patent Protection — ACI's 6th Advanced Summit on Medical Device Patents, New York, NY (February 25, 2016)
- The Life Cycle of a Patent Lawsuit — Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ (October 10, 2009)
- So You Want to Be a Technology Entrepreneur? Create a Smart Patent Strategy for Your Company's Inventions — University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (April 26, 2007)
- Careers in Patent Law — University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (April 25, 2007)
- Advisory Board of the University of Rochester Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
- +1 215 994 2079
+1 215 994 2222
PhiladelphiaCira Centre, 2929 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA, United States of America 19104-2808
- +1 215 994 2079
+1 215 994 2222
- University of Rochester, B.S., Electrical engineering, 1987, with distinction
- University of Rochester, M.S., Electrical engineering, 1989
- University of Rochester, Ph.D., Electrical engineering, 1993
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2000, James Kent Scholar, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Articles Editor of the Journal of Law & the Arts, recipient of the Carroll G. Harper Prize for achievement in IP studies and writing
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office