David Higgins is an associate in Dechert’s financial services practice and focuses primarily on the establishment, authorization, operation and maintenance of Irish regulated investment funds, including alternative investment funds and UCITS with a wide range of investment strategies, including credit funds, equity funds, fixed income funds and real estate funds. Mr. Higgins’ experience includes advising on the establishment and ongoing operation of Irish authorised AIFMs, UCITS management companies and MiFID investment firms.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Higgins was a solicitor in the investment funds and asset management practice at a leading Irish law firm.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- A large Italian asset manager on the reorganization of its Irish MiFID investment firm into its existing Irish Super ManCo and the establishment of European branches.
- Large UK asset managers on advice regarding Brexit strategies.
- Global asset managers on the establishment and ongoing maintenance of regulated entities in Ireland (UCITS management companies, AIFMs and MiFID investment firms).
- UK, US and European managers on the establishment and maintenance of Irish domiciled UCITS funds and alternative investment funds.
- University College Dublin, Bachelor of Business and Law, 2012