David Higgins is an associate in Dechert’s financial services group. Mr. Higgins advises large international asset managers, based in the US, UK and EU, on a wide range of legal and regulatory matters in respect of Irish funds, including the structuring, establishment, operation and compliance of UCITS and AIFs with a wide range of investment strategies, including credit, equity and fixed income funds as well as UCITS structured as ETFs. David’s experience also includes advising on the establishment and ongoing operation of Irish authorised AIFMs, UCITS management companies and MiFID investment firms.
Mr. Higgins recently completed a secondment with a large international investment bank and financial services company, sitting in offices of their Irish super management company and working across their EMEA asset management legal function. David directly assisted the EMEA head of legal and was involved in day to day legal matters regarding the group’s European fund range as well as the Irish entities AIFM and UCITS Management Company businesses.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Higgins was a solicitor in the investment funds and asset management practice at a leading Irish law firm.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- A large Italian asset manager on the reorganization of its Irish MiFID investment firm into its existing Irish Super ManCo and the establishment of European branches.
- Large UK asset managers on advice regarding Brexit strategies.
- Global asset managers on the establishment and ongoing maintenance of regulated entities in Ireland (UCITS management companies, AIFMs and MiFID investment firms).
- UK, US and European managers on the establishment and maintenance of Irish domiciled UCITS funds and alternative investment funds.
- University College Dublin, Bachelor of Business and Law, 2012