Garbis A. Latifyan is a member of the white collar crime and investigations practice at Dechert, where he focuses on multi-jurisdictional matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Latifyan worked for the London-based litigation departments of two other international law firms. Earlier in his career, Mr. Latifyan clerked at the offices of a judge at the European Union Court of Justice and was an in-house lawyer for a TV and radio broadcasting company.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- A private individual in a case before the UK courts against a former associate for fraud and embezzlement, involving several jurisdictions.
- An international sports organization in an international criminal investigation.
- A sovereign state in a High Court case and in arbitration proceedings against a former official for fraud, abuse of function, and corruption.
- A UK real estate business in a competition case over alleged restrictive practices.
- Overview of the key steps in eDiscovery – Le journal du Management Juridique et Réglementaire (June 1, 2021)
- E-discovery: some tips before getting started – Option Droit & Affaires (April 28, 2021)
- eDiscovery in Multi-Jurisdictional Investigations: Preparing to Play Multi-Level Chess – Anti-corruption (January 6, 2021)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Licenciado en Derecho, French and Spanish Law, 2007, Merit
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Maîtrise en Droit, French and Spanish Law, 2007, Merit
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, LL.M., European Union Law, 2009, Merit
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Master 1 and Master 2, European Political Studies, 2010, Merit
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M., 2014, Merit