Allie Misner Wasserman focuses her practice on corporate and securities matters. Ms. Wasserman represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as strategic buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions across a wide range of industry sectors. She also has experience representing companies and investment banks in domestic and cross-border securities offerings of equity and debt. In addition, Ms. Wasserman advises clients on general corporate matters, including corporate governance and public company reporting issues.
Ms. Wasserman was recognized for her transactional expertise by The Deal in its Top Rising Stars: Class of 2021 list.
Ms. Wasserman was a Dechert summer associate in 2011. She currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Business Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association and is a past co-chair of the Private Equity & Venture Capital Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- CVC Capital Partners as the lead investor in a consortium that is sponsoring the proposed combination of Worldwide Express, LLC and GlobalTranz Enterprises, LLC to create an industry leader with unique technology capabilities and market-leading solutions for the freight and parcel markets. Other consortium members include GlobalTranz's current lead investors, Providence Equity Partners and PSG, while current Worldwide Express lead investor, Ridgemont Equity Partners, will also retain a significant stake in the combined entity.
- Court Square Capital Partners in its acquisition of Data Blue, LLC, a provider of customized infrastructure, cloud architecture and virtualized solutions.
- Court Square Capital Partners in its acquisition of Smart City, a provider of broadband connectivity and voice services.
- Court Square Capital Partners in its acquisition of Momentum Telecom, Inc., a provider of business voice, broadband management and unified communications solutions.
- Court Square Capital Partners in its acquisition of Terra Millennium Corporation, a provider of industrial services, including refractory design and maintenance.
- Court Square Capital Partners in its acquisition of DISA Global Solutions, Inc., a provider of technology-enabled workforce compliance solutions.
- Rocket Software, Inc. in its US$2 billion sale of a majority stake in the company to Bain Capital Private Equity.
- IWCO Direct, Inc., a leading provider of direct marketing solutions, in a recapitalization transaction and US$476 million sale of the company to ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNK).
- Wyle Holdings, Inc., a leading provider of specialized engineering, professional, scientific and technical services, in the US$570 million sale of the company to KBR, Inc. (NYSE: KBR).
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Clarity Software in the acquisition of Premier Graphics.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and 24 Seven in the acquisition of Sage Consulting.
- MSD Partners, L.P. in its acquisition of Ring Container Technologies, a leader in the plastic container manufacturing industry.
- MSD Partners, L.P. in its partnership with CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and Alberta Investment Management Corporation to acquire Hayward Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of residential and commercial pool equipment and industrial flow control products.
- GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of Singapore, as part of a consortium led by Ares Management Corp. and Leonard Green & Partners, together with British Columbia Investment Management Corporation, to acquire Press Ganey Associates Inc., a leading health care company in the development and distribution of patient satisfaction surveys.
- ABBYY Plc in its cross-border acquisition of TimelinePI, Inc., a software company that provides a process intelligence platform empowering users to understand, optimize and monitor business processes.
- Actua Corporation in its US$328 million sale of Velocity EHS and BOLT Solutions Inc. to CVC Growth Fund.
- Actua Corporation in its US$199 million acquisition of FolioDynamix, a cloud-based investment and wealth management platform, and its subsequent sale of FolioDynamix to Envestnet (NYSE: ENV).
Capital Markets & Corporate Finance
- VIA optronics AG, a leading supplier of enhanced display solutions, in its US$93.75 million cross-border initial public offering and listing on the NYSE.
- Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK), a leading supplier of beverage, food and aerosol packaging, metal closures and specialty packaging products, in numerous Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings.
- voxeljet AG (NYSE: VJET), a leading German provider of high-speed, large-format 3D printers and on-demand parts services, in its US$97.2 million cross-border initial public offering and listing on the NYSE and its US$51.75 million follow-on offering.
- Underwriters, led by JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs, in connection with numerous public offerings of common stock by Amicus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FOLD), a biopharmaceutical company focused on rare genetic diseases.
- Underwriters, led by JMP Securities, in connection with a confidentially marketed public offering of common stock by BioLineRx Ltd. (NASDAQ/TASE: BLRX), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on oncology and immunology.
- Underwriters, led by Piper Jaffray & Co. and Stifel, in connection with a confidentially marketed public offering of common stock by Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: INO), a biopharmaceutical company focused on synthetic vaccines.
- Underwriters, led by Stifel and Lazard, in connection with the initial public offering of common stock by Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on animal health.
- FS Investment Corporation (NYSE: FSIC) in its public offering of US$400 million 4% notes.
- Co-Chair, Private Equity & Venture Capital Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2009, cum laude
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Research Editor for the Temple Law Review