Nick Marchica is a partner in Dechert’s private equity practice, advising domestic and international clients across the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific on an array of market-leading private M&A transactions. Mr. Marchica has significant experience representing private equity firms and funds, family offices, corporates and international conglomerates on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. He also negotiates representation and warranty insurance policies.
Chambers USA 2021 described Mr. Marchica as “impressive” and an “excellent lawyer because he can speak to anyone and provide a level of detail or generality that’s appropriate to the conversation.” He was also praised for being “attentive” and “extremely responsive” to clients’ needs and how he has “very sharp arguments” and confidently “speaks from a place of authority.”
Prior to joining Dechert, he was a partner at another international law firm and served as chair of the transactional practice of another global firm in New York. Earlier in his career, Mr. Marchica also spent time as a senior foreign lawyer in Indonesia and Australia.
- Bregal Partners on its sale of Arcus Hunting, an acquisition and organic growth platform that seeks to build a strong portfolio of leading brands in the bowhunting and archery consumables and accessories market.
- BPEA EQT on its sale of SAI360, a leading cloud risk management and compliance software provider, to Symphony Technology Group.
- Blue Road Capital and its portfolio company, Sweet Harvest Foods, on its acquisition of Nature Nate’s Honey.
- Recurrent Ventures on its issuance of more than US$300 million of senior and junior preferred equity.
- Blue Road Capital on its acquisition of Sweet Harvest Foods, a natural sweeteners platform and one of the largest processors of honey in North America, from an affiliate of Peak Rock Capital.
- PTV Group, a joint venture between Bridgepoint and Porsche SE, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Econolite, the leading North American provider of intelligent traffic management solutions.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in connection with the acquisition of Ports America from Oaktree Capital Management.
- Baring Private Equity Asia and its portfolio company, Prometric, on its acquisition of Academic Merit (DBA Finetune Learning), a leading innovator in Artificial Intelligence-assisted education and workforce software tools.
- Harvest Partners and its portfolio company, Service Express, on numerous acquisitions.
- InfoVista, a global leader in 5G network lifecycle automation and an Apax France portfolio company, on its acquisition of U.S.-headquartered telecoms service assurance business Empirix.
- Bessemer Investors in connection with its investment in Distinguished Programs, a specialty insurance program administrator.
- S&P Global in all legal aspects of its acquisition of the ESG Ratings Business and ESG Benchmarking Business of RobecoSAM AG, an affiliate of Robeco.
- Bessemer Investors on the sale of ReSource Pro LLC to RP Acquisition Company, LLC, an affiliate of DFW Capital Partners.
- Construction Resources Holdings, LLC, a portfolio company of Monomoy Capital Partners, on the acquisition of 100% shareholding interest of United Material, Inc., a distributor of quartz and other natural stones in Florida.
- Brookfield Infrastructure on the sale of its 99.2 percent interest in the Colombian regulated utility Empresa de Energía de Boyacá (EBSA) to Northland Power Inc. for COP$2.665 trillion (US$790 million).
- One Equity Partners on the US$655 million sale of its portfolio company Sonneborn Refined Products, a leading global manufacturer of specialty hydrocarbon chemicals, to HollyFrontier.
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of Anchor Glass, a glass bottle packaging company, from KPS Capital Partners, for US$1.1 billion.
- Monomoy Capital Partners on its acquisition of Friedrich Air Conditioners from Corinthian Capital Partners.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm
- An alternative asset manager on the formation of a joint venture with a crude tanker operator to acquire very large crude carriers.
- Mutandis SCA, a publicly listed company on the Casablanca Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of Season Brand LLC, a U.S.-based market-leading canned seafood brand since 1921.
- An alternative asset manager on the acquisition of convertible notes issued by a student loan originator.
- Thai Union Frozen Products Public Company Limited on its US$1.51 billion agreement to acquire Bumble Bee Seafoods from private equity firm Lion Capital.
- PT Gunung Sewu Kencana (GSK) on its strategic partnership with Nippon Life Insurance Company (Nippon Life) through Nippon Life’s direct and indirect investment of a 20 percent effective stake in GSK’s subsidiary, PT Asuransi Jiwa Sequis Life, for IDR4.870 billion (approximately US$423.1 million).
- The sellers on the sale of a 40 percent stake in PT Bank Mayapada International Tbk to Cathay Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- PT Nirvana Development Tbk on a joint venture and an investment by an affiliate of Warburg Pincus, a private equity fund, into PT NWP’s portfolio companies that operate various shopping malls in several cities in Indonesia.
- Unilever on its acquisition of Astrix S.A., one of the most important local players in the field of home and personal care products in Bolivia.
- A consortium led by hospitality group Jin Jiang International Holdings Co. in connection with its acquisition of the Radisson Hotel Group (consisting of Radisson Holdings Inc. and Radisson Hospitality AB and their subsidiaries) from HNA Group Co Ltd.
- Elsevier, an information analytics business specializing in science and health, and part of RELX Group, on the acquisition of Via Oncology, a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based company that provides decision support and best practices in cancer care management, from University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Cancer Services.
- Daily Mail General Trust on the sale of EDR business to Silver Lake Partners and Battery Ventures for US$205 million.
- Altra Investments on the sale of Proenfar S.A.S. and its subsidiaries to Weener Plastic Iberica, S.L.U, a subsidiary of Weener Plastics.
- Avocado Group LLC on the contribution of Avocado Mattress LLC to Brentwood Home Holdings LLC in exchange for a 44 percent interest in Brentwood Home Holdings LLC.
- Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc on its US$415 million acquisition of Chromalox, Inc., a U.S.-based provider of electrical products, systems and solutions for industrial process heating and temperature management, from Irving Place Capital.
- Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd. on its US$45 million acquisition of PPG's U.S. fiberglass business.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a global holistic healthcare company, on its acquisition of Daiya Foods Inc., a privately held Vancouver, Canada-based company specializing in the manufacture of plant-based foods.
- Global Win Capital Corporation, an affiliate of Shanying International Holdings Co., Ltd., in connection with the acquisition of a shuttered paper mill located in Wickliffe, Kentucky, for a total initial investment commitment of US$166 million.
- Sika Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Rmax, a building products manufacturer, from the Hart Group.
- Ospraie Special Opportunities Fund on the sale of Core Metals Group, LLC, one of North America's largest producers and marketers of high-purity ferrosilicon and other specialty steel ingredients, to Globe Specialty Metals, Inc.
- Pegasus Capital in its acquisition from Casella Waste Systems of all the outstanding capital stock of its wholly owned subsidiary FCR, a landfill gas to energy business, and related debt and equity financing with HarbourVest Partners, MissionPoint Capital Partners and Ares Capital.
- Harvest Partners, Inc. on its acquisition of PSI Holdings, North America’s largest and only nationwide provider of mission-critical outsourced cleaning and sanitation services to the food processing industry, Arbonne and Levlad.
- Pegasus Capital in its acquisition of a significant equity interest in Six Senses Group, a luxury resort and spa management and development company, which manages resorts and spas under the brand names Soneva, Six Senses and Evason and Six Senses Sanctuary.
- Quad-C Management in connection with several portfolio company sponsor-to-sponsor sales including is sale of NuSil Technology, a manufacturer of silicone compounds for the healthcare, aerospace, defence and photonics industries, to New Mountain Capital (US$735 million), Universal Fibers to The Sterling Group and Polaris Pools to Zodiac.
- Quad-C Management on its acquisitions of Augusta Sportswear Holdings, Royal Adhesives and Sealants and Balboa Instruments.
- A subsidiary of Grupo ISA, Interconectado Eléctrica ISA Perú, in the acquisition of Peruvian energy transport company Orazul Energy Group from Inkia Energy for USD$158.5 million.
- Inner Mongolia Manshi Coal Group Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of a 55 percent interest in an Indonesia coal mining company.
- H.C. Starck in relation to the construction of a tungsten ore concentrate processing plant, one of Vietnam's largest proposed mining joint ventures, and as the primary off-taker of the joint venture.
- Tyco Australia on its acquisition of National Fire Holdings.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2000, cum laude with high honors
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2003
- New York