Iricel E. Payano
Iricel E. Payano is a litigator whose practice focuses on white collar defense and government investigations, employment litigation and commercial contract litigation.
Ms. Payano has represented individuals, corporations and financial institutions in investigations and proceedings brought by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the New York Attorney General (NYAG). In this capacity, she has managed and led e-discovery projects, conducted witness interviews, and presented to company leadership. Ms. Payano has also defended public agencies, including railroads, in employment discrimination, civil rights and other matters, including claims under the Federal Employers Liability Act.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Payano was an attorney in the New York office of an international law firm and then in a New York-based law firm. During law school, Ms. Payano served as a writing advisor to first year students and was the Academic Co-Chair of UCLA’s Latinx Law Students Association. Ms. Payano also worked in education for four years, prior to law school, and is a Teach for America alumna. She maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on immigration and indigent criminal defense. Ms. Payano is admitted in New York only; she is not admitted in California.
San FranciscoOne Bush Street, Suite 1600, San Francisco, CA, United States of America 94104-4446
- +1 415 262 4509
+1 415 262 4555
- Columbia University, Columbia College, B.A., 2009
- City University of New York, Hunter College, M.S., Education, 2011
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2016, Comments Editor, UCLA Law Review
- Admitted in New York only; not admitted in California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York