Beej Radia focuses his practice on banking and finance matters, with a particular emphasis on acquisition and leveraged finance. Mr. Radia has experience in representing lenders and borrowers on a variety of syndicated and bilateral acquisition, leveraged, corporate and capital call loan financings.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Radia was a senior associate in the banking and finance group of another global law firm and spent time working in its London, Hong Kong and Singapore offices, as well as completing two secondments to a large multinational bank.
- The mandated lead arrangers on the original financing and subsequent refinancing for the acquisition of the Thai and Malaysian operations of a major UK-headquartered supermarket.
- A US-headquartered bank as mandated lead arranger and bookrunner on the financing for the partial offer for a majority stake in a Hong Kong-based logistics company.
- A US-headquartered sponsor on its financings for the acquisition of a Malaysian education business.
- A UK-headquartered sponsor on a senior revolving credit facility in relation to its acquisition of a Hong Kong-based aircraft parts distributor.
- A Luxembourg-headquartered sponsor on its acquisition facility for the increase of its majority stake in a South Korean online hotel and travel reservation platform.
- A Hong Kong-headquartered sponsor on the refinancing of its acquisition financing for a global sexual wellness company.
- A Malaysian-headquartered sponsor on the refinancing of their acquisition financing for a leading Asian health and wellness group.
- A Hong Kong-listed telecommunications company on its various debt financings.
- The arrangers on the financing for the acquisition of a minority stake in a Taiwan-based fitness centre chain.
- A Swedish-headquartered sponsor on its acquisition financings for a French water management company and a Swiss-headquartered aircraft container company.
- The mandated lead arrangers on the refinancing for a sponsor-owned Norwegian cruise company.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with a revolving credit facility for a Spanish-headquartered online travel agency.
- The mandated lead arrangers on a revolving credit facility for a leading European logistics real estate company.
- A US-headquartered bank on various capital call/subscription financings for a range of fund borrowers.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- The Law Society
- University of Warwick, LL.B., 2013, First Class Honours
- University of Law, LPC, 2014, Distinction
- England and Wales