Sam Whittaker advises clients on a range of complex corporate matters, particularly private equity transactions. Mr. Whittaker’s practice includes mergers and acquisitions, divestments, co-investments, joint ventures, management equity arrangements and a variety of portfolio transactions. He regularly advises prominent global private equity firms, alternative asset managers and investment firms.
- Leif Höegh & Co. Ltd. and funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners through a 50/50 joint venture vehicle to acquire the shares in Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd.
- L Catterton on its agreement to acquire a majority stake in BIRKENSTOCK Group.
- Blackstone on various transactions, including the: recommended £4.77 billion cash offer for Merlin Entertainments, a global leader in location-based, family entertainment; acquisition of the business and assets of Murka, a developer and promoter of social casino gaming applications for mobile devices and social media; and acquisition of Aon plc's technology-enabled benefits and HR platform for approximately US$4.8 billion.
- GIC on various transactions.
- BC Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in United Group, a leading media and communication services provider across Southeast Europe, from KKR.
- Triton Partners on various transactions, including the acquisition of European travel operators, Sunweb and Corendon Group.
- EQT on various transactions, including the combination of Independent Vetcare (IVC) and Evidensia to create Europe’s largest veterinary care group and the sale of Automic Software to CA Technologies.
- 3i Group on various transactions, including its acquisition of Q Holding Company, the medical devices group.
- Sycamore Partners on various transactions.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation on its sale of Roxanne Laboratories Inc. to Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC for approximately US$2.65 billion.
- Oaktree Capital Management on various transactions, including: the sale of The Student Housing Company group in the UK to a consortium of GIC and GSA; the sale of its Spanish student housing business to GSA; and its investment in Ainscough Cranes.
- Gazit-Globe Limited on various transactions, including its recommended cash offer for Atrium European Real Estate Limited, valuing Atrium at €1.4bn.
- Node, the co-living group, in respect of its joint venture with Intriva Capital.
- Travelport on various transactions, including its acquisition by Siris Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital.
- Murray Energy Holdings Co. in connection with the corporate and M&A aspects of their Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court.
- Apax Partners on its acquisition of 3M’s electronic monitoring business.
- TowerBrook on the sale of a minority stake in the TowerBrook group to Wafra.
- Sterigenics International on its acquisition of REVISS Services.
- Genpact on the formation of its KYC services joint venture with Markit.
- Victory Park Capital on the £200 million initial public offering of VPC Specialty Lending Investments PLC on the London Stock Exchange.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Warwick, B.A., Modern History, 2009
- BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2010
- BPP University, Accelerated Legal Practice Course, 2011
- England and Wales