Sarah Wesley Wheaton
Sarah Wesley is an associate in Dechert’s global private equity group. She advises private equity funds, institutional investors, and other strategic acquirers in connection with mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases and dispositions, corporate financing transactions, co-investments strategic collaboration, and general corporate matters. Leveraging a background in intellectual property law, Ms. Wheaton brings a diverse perspective when helping clients navigate emerging trends and regulations on a local and global scale.
In the strategic investor and private equity space, Ms. Wheaton has experience on both buy and sell-side transactions across various sectors, including software and new technologies, infrastructure, distribution and manufacturing, natural gas and regulation markets. She has a particular focus on private equity healthcare and life sciences, having advised on deals involving physician services, autism services, vision services, behavioral health, fertility clinics, pharmacies home health and care, ambulatory surgery centers, telehealth and telemedicine, and health technology.
- A private equity portfolio company in corporate governance and formation matters in preparation of a US$1.2 billion dollar strategic merger with a fertility clinic.
- A private equity firm in a platform acquisition and rollover equity investment of a natural gas and meter equipment supplier and distributor.
- A private equity firm in a platform acquisition and rollover equity investment of a multi-state meal delivery company.
- A private equity firm in an equity acquisition of two companies in the home and hospice care space.
- A leading network of providers serving children with autism and other special needs in early comprehensive behavior treatment in nine different strategic add-on acquisitions of both equity and assets.
- A leading network of providers serving children with autism and other special needs in early comprehensive behavior treatment in an equity and rollover equity investment of a provider serving children with autism, including a spinout of multiple subsidiaries.
- A surgical center and individual ophthalmology practices in various disposition transactions to a private equity portfolio company.
- A private equity portfolio company in a rollover equity investment and add-on acquisition of the assets of surgical ophthalmology center.
- A private equity portfolio company in an add-on acquisition of the equity of a health care services company.
- A private equity portfolio company in an equity acquisition and rollover equity investment of a health care services company.
- A private equity portfolio company in an asset acquisition of a durable medical equipment provider.
- A telecommunications company in a disposition of its assets to Spectrum.
- A private equity portfolio company in an equity acquisition of a durable medical equipment provider, including a spinout of a subsidiary.
- A private equity portfolio company in an equity add-on acquisition of a information technology solutions and services consulting and staffing company.
- A private equity portfolio company in an asset add-on acquisition and rollover equity investment of a staffing and leadership consulting business.
- A private equity firm in a portfolio acquisition of two companies providing multi-state general contracting services in natural gas pipeline construction, sewer and storm drainage, general electric services; road construction, and cold milling, including the spinout of a subsidiary.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- The Not-So-Patently Obvious Details on Becoming A Successful Patent Lawyer and Passing the Patent Bar - North Carolina Bar Association, Moderator (May 2021)
- Will Strategies to Prevent Conflict and Confusion - Estate Planning: Top 7 Tools to Know, National Business Institute, Speaker (June 2019)
- A Conversation with Eugene Boyce, Watergate Attorney - Wake Forest Law School, Moderator (April 2015)
- North Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Communications Co-Chair
- North Carolina Bar Association Intellectual Property Division – CLE Co-Chair and YLD Liaison
Charlotte300 South Tryon Street, Suite 800, Charlotte, NC, United States of America 28202
- +1 704 339 3111
+1 704 339 3101
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2008, Deans List, Scholarship from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2017, Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
- North Carolina