Sarah Wesley is an associate in Dechert’s global private equity group. She advises private equity funds, institutional investors, and other strategic acquirers in connection with mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases and dispositions, corporate financing transactions, co-investments strategic collaboration, and general corporate matters. Leveraging a background in intellectual property law, Ms. Wheaton brings a diverse perspective when helping clients navigate emerging trends and regulations on a local and global scale.
In the strategic investor and private equity space, Ms. Wheaton has experience on both buy and sell-side transactions across various sectors, including software and new technologies, infrastructure, distribution and manufacturing, natural gas and regulation markets. She has a particular focus on private equity healthcare and life sciences, having advised on deals involving physician services, autism services, vision services, behavioral health, fertility clinics, pharmacies home health and care, ambulatory surgery centers, telehealth and telemedicine, and health technology.
- The Not-So-Patently Obvious Details on Becoming A Successful Patent Lawyer and Passing the Patent Bar - North Carolina Bar Association, Moderator (May 2021)
- Will Strategies to Prevent Conflict and Confusion - Estate Planning: Top 7 Tools to Know, National Business Institute, Speaker (June 2019)
- A Conversation with Eugene Boyce, Watergate Attorney - Wake Forest Law School, Moderator (April 2015)
- North Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division – Communications Co-Chair
- North Carolina Bar Association Intellectual Property Division – CLE Co-Chair and YLD Liaison
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2008, Deans List, Scholarship from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2017, Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
- North Carolina