Key antitrust terms in merger agreements
When there is a merger in the works that will draw antitrust scrutiny, both buyers and sellers should make threshold decisions that will drive their approach to the negotiation of key terms. This article highlights the most important antitrust-related deal terms.
- How long do antitrust merger investigations take?
- Will divestures be required?
- Should the seller be compensated if the deal is blocked?
- Will the buyer and seller work as a team?What can the buyer do to ensure the seller's business remains intact?
- What is needed to get to closing?