Health, safety and working conditions in France / First Semester of 2019
Preventing occupational hazards and managing matters related to the safety and protection of health at work are major concerns for all those involved in HR issues.
This newsletter reviews five notable court holdings in this domain from the first half of the year.
- Sick leave of more than 30 days without a medical check-up: the contract remains suspended and the employer is not required to restart salary payments
- Harassment and bullying: dismissal based on absence due to harassment is null and void
- Dismissal of entire workforce without consultation of the Health, Safety and Working Conditions Committee (CHSCT): the social plan procedure is valid if working conditions were not impacted before the redundancies
- Involuntary homicide on a construction site: the victim’s fault must be the only cause of the accident for the employer to exonerate itself from responsibility
- Termination agreement for an employee declared unfit for her position following an accident at work is valid
Lire en français : Hygiène, sécurité et conditions de travail en France / Premier Semestre 2019