Cartel Regulation 2020, U.S. Chapter
Cartel Regulation 2020 provides an in-depth practical review by jurisdiction of relevant legislation, enforcement action, immunity and leniency options, and contested proceedings and penalties, in addition to highlights on recent developments. The guide also addresses strategies for mitigating risks and limiting fines.
Antitrust Co-chair Steven E. Bizar and associate Julia Chapman authored the chapter on the United States jurisdiction, which covers a range of topics, including:
- Relevant statutes and case law
- Investigatory powers and jurisdictional reach
- International cooperation
- Extraterritorial application of U.S. law
- Private damage claims and class actions
- Criminal and civil sanctions and fines
- How to get the fine down
Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. This article was first published in Getting the Deal Through – Cartel Regulation 2020 (Published: January 2020).