French Merger Control & Private Antitrust Litigation Guides
Dechert's antitrust/competition practice has authored the latest French merger control and private antitrust litigation chapters in the 2022 edition of Europe, Middle East and Africa Antitrust Review, part of the Global Competition Review Insight book series. The series offers specialized intelligence and research designed to help in-house counsel successfully navigate the world’s increasingly complex competition regimes. To review all chapters from the 2022 edition, download the complete guide today.
GCR EMEA: Merger control in France – New developments
In this chapter, antitrust/competition partners Mélanie Thill-Tayara and Laurence Bary summarize the rules and procedures for merger control in France, providing an overview of recent developments and decisions, including:
- New merger control guidelines by the FCA
- First merger prohibition decision issued by the FCA
- First merger referral by the FCA pursuant to article 22 of the European Merger Regulation
- Standing of employee representative committees to act against FCA clearance decisions
- Assessment of market shares of agricultural cooperatives
- Shop-in-shop model and the notion of concentration
GTDT: Private antitrust litigation – A practical guide
In the private antitrust litigation chapter, Mélanie Thill-Tayara and Marion Provost provide insights on the principles, rules and procedures applicable to private antitrust litigation in France, along with an update on recent developments and decisions of note. Topics include:
- Recent developments in private antitrust litigation in France
- Overview of the procedure: competent courts, access to evidence and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms
- Conditions of liability: fault, causal link and damage, and liability of parent companies
- Calculation of damages: overcharges and passing-on defence
2021 French Merger Control & Private Antitrust Litigation Guides
- GCR EMEA: Antitrust Review, French Merger Control Chapter: Antitrust/competition partner Mélanie Thill-Tayara and national partner Laurence Bary have authored the latest French merger control chapter in Global Competition Review's EMEA Antitrust Review 2021. The article examines the most recent developments and decisions of note in the French market.
- GTDT: Private Antitrust Litigation, French Chapter: In Getting the Deal Through's Private Antitrust Litigation guide, partner Mélanie Thill-Tayara and associate Marion Provost review the principles, rules and procedures applicable to antitrust litigation in France. More particularly, this article aims at providing a practical and objective – yet critical – analysis of the state of antitrust private litigation in France, which is a fast-developing area of law that raises multiple legal, economic and practical issues.