Pat Andriola is an associate in Dechert’s Trials, Investigations, and Securities group. He represents clients in complex commercial disputes before federal and state courts and has litigated cases at both the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Andriola’s experience touches on all parts of the civil litigation process, managing discovery, drafting dispositive motions, deposing, and cross-examining witnesses, and drafting appellate briefing.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Andriola completed a federal clerkship with the Honorable William H. Walls in the District of New Jersey and was a litigation associate at another global law firm. In 2020 and 2021, Mr. Andriola was recognized by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for his work in commercial litigation. He also received The Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award in 2018 for his work on behalf of indigent criminal defendants.
- Representing multiple lenders whose dispositions of collateral under the U.C.C. were challenged by borrowers, including a trial victory (affirmed on appeal) in the New York Commercial Division in a multiyear lawsuit that sought over US$70 million in damages.
- Representing a former public company CEO in a clawback action in federal court.
- Representing a sovereign state seeking to quash discovery under 28 U.S.C. § 1782.
- Representing a healthcare executive in control-of-the-company litigation in both federal and state court.
- Representing an investment management firm in quasi-contract claims in the New York Commercial Division.
- Representing real estate ownership entities being sued for breach of contract in multi-million dollar real estate disputes.
- Representing the Board of Directors of a public company against Caremark claims brought in Delaware Chancery Court.
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Honorable William H. Walls
- Tufts University, B.A., cum laude
- New York University, M.B.A., 2015, Law & Business
- New York University, J.D., Notes Editor, NYU Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, 2015
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York