Andrew Braid advises clients on a wide range of benefits and compensation matters. He assists public companies with designing and implementing equity-based incentive plans, employee stock purchase plans and other incentive compensation plans, and also advises with respect to disclosure requirements applicable to public company executive compensation programs. Mr. Braid advises both public and privately-held companies on employee benefits and executive compensation matters in mergers, acquisitions and public offerings, including drafting executive agreements, transaction awards and severance arrangements, and designing incentive compensation plans for management-level employees. He routinely assists clients with parachute payment analysis and other issues relating to Code Sections 280G and 409A.
In addition, Mr. Braid advises private equity funds, hedge funds and other investment fund clients with respect to ERISA fiduciary issues. Mr. Braid negotiates investment management agreements and side letters for plan investors and funds accepting plan investments and has advised investment managers in connection with the formation of venture capital operating companies and real estate operating companies.
Mr. Braid maintains an active pro bono practice. PhiladelphiaVIP has recognized Mr. Braid as a “Volunteer of the Month” and Mr. Braid is a recipient of Dechert’s Samuel E. Klein Pro Bono Award for his commitment to providing pro bono legal services.
- The consolidation of DTLR and Sneaker Villa, two national sports apparel chains, and the eventual sale of the combined entity, DTLR Villa, by Bruckmann, Rosser and Schiller to JD Sports Fashion in an all-stock deal.
- Griffon Corporation in its $845M acquisition of Hunter Fan Corporation, the leading U.S. manufacturer of residential fan products, from MidOcean Partners.
- Griffon Corporation in its sale of Telephonics Corporation, a manufacturer of aerospace and defense products to TTM Technologies, Inc. for $330 million.
- Court Square Capital Partners in its sale of National Seating and Mobility, a national distributor of wheelchair and other mobility products, to affiliates of Cinven Partners for $865 million.
- The sale of the Marcone Appliance business, a portfolio company of Sterling Investment Partners, to Genstar Capital Partners for $1.375 billion.
- Quilvest Capital Partners in its sale of Command Alkon, and provider of supply-chain management software, to Thoma Bravo for $450 million.
- Graham Partners in its sale of Myers Emergency Power Systems to Kohlberg & Company for $640 million.
- Graham Partners in its acquisition of Advanced Barrier Extrusions, LLC, and ABX’s $26.8 million acquisition of the flexible packaging business of Berry Global, Inc.
- Medbio, a premier medical device manufacturing business, in a series of add-on acquisitions and the eventual sale of Medbio to an affiliate of Protective Industries, Inc. (d/b/a Caplugs), a portfolio company of Berwind Corporation for $490 million.
- Graham Partners in its sale of Acme Cryogenics to an affiliate of OPW Fluid Transfer Group for $295 million.
- Graham Partners in its sale of Giraffe Foods to Symrise for $82.5 million
- Graham Partners with its acquisition of BrightPet Nutrition Group, a manufacturer and distributor of premium and super-premium pet foods, a number of add-on transactions and the eventual sale of BrightPet to Alvarez & Marsal Capital Partners for $124 million.
- One Equity Partners in its acquisition of Rizing, LLC, a business in the digital transformation space, a number of international add-on acquisitions and the eventual sale of Rizing to Wipro Limited for $540 million.
- Assisted One Equity Partners in its $173 million acquisition of Computer & Design Integration, a leading IT solutions provider, and several add-on transactions.
- The initial public offering of shares of GQG Partners, Inc., a global investment boutique, on the Australian Stock Exchange for an implied company value of AUS $6 billion.
- Assisted Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its acquisition of Clarity Software for $174 million.
- Princeton University, A.B., Economics, 2003
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude, Outstanding Dean’s Merit Scholarship, 2008 Federal Scholars Award, Associate Managing Editor of the New York Real Property Law Journal
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2012
- New York
- New Jersey