Lisa Borthwick focuses her practice on both complex commercial litigation and white collar crime and has experience acting on matters for clients across a range of jurisdictions.
Ms. Borthwick advises both organizations and individuals on internal investigations, multi-jurisdictional regulatory investigations and prosecutions undertaken by authorities and regulators, such as the Financial Conduct Authority. Ms. Borthwick has assisted on High Court proceedings and has made applications to the Court of Appeal.
Ms. Borthwick trained with Dechert and qualified in 2020.
- A state government of a constituent emirate of the United Arab Emirates in relation to a multi-jurisdiction investigation into historic fraud amounting to over US$1 billion.
- Independent investigation into the Financial Conduct Authority relating to its regulation and oversight of London Capital & Finance plc.
- Airbus SE in a global investigation into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption, and subsequent coordinated settlements with the UK Serious Fraud Office, French Parquet National Financier, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of State.
- Various Lebanese banks in defending claims by customers as a result of the Lebanese banking crisis.
- University of Exeter, B.A., Law and History with Proficiency in German, 2015, 2:1
- University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2016, Commendation
- BPP University, LPC, 2018, Distinction
- England and Wales