- Capital Square Partners in respect of its investment into a technology services company headquartered in India, with global operations.
- The shareholders of an Indonesian chartered flight operator in respect of a sale of its stake to a private equity fund in a controlled auction.
- Partners Group in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Indian IT services company, CSS Corp, for approximately US$270 million. The transaction was one of the largest acquisitions in the Indian IT sector in 2013 and a very rare leveraged buyout in India.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its 41.65% investment into PT Cardig Aero Tbk, an air logistics and catering company and its subsequent sale of its stake to Singapore Airlines Terminals Services.
- Quadria Capital on their investment into PT Soho Global, an Indonesian pharmaceutical distribution and manufacturing company.
- Hermes GPE in respect of its investments into several private funds and its co-investments into several companies in Asia and Australia.
- Development Bank of Japan in its investment into a private fund.
- Quvat Capital in its structured private equity and debt financing investments into a number of business process outsourcing companies in South and Southeast Asia.
- Quvat Capital in its equity investment and mezzanine financing into an Indonesian freighter airline company.
- Quvat Capital in its structured equity investment and mezzanine financing into an Indonesian undersea cable development and the subsequent exit from its private equity stake and the refinancing of the facility.
- Everstone Capital in connection with the Domino’s pizza franchising arrangements in Indonesia.
- A private equity fund in the divestment of its stake in a major Indonesian conglomerate to the special situations groups of two leading investment banks.
- Barry-Callebaut, a leading manufacturer of cocoa and chocolate products in its acquisition of a majority stake in KL-Kepong Cocoa Products, a leading Asian cocoa and chocolate manufacturer based in Malaysia.
- Cobepa, a Belgian private equity fund, in its acquisition of a stake in AEA International Holdings, a company providing health care and security assistance to executives in developing countries.
- Government of Singapore Investment Corporation, in its consortium investment with two other sovereign wealth funds, in a chemicals company incorporated in the People’s Republic of China.
Mergers & Acquisitions / Joint Ventures
- Naver Corporation on US$80 million investment in Carousell, Singapore's homegrown classifieds marketplace.
- Kacific Broadband Satellites, a Singapore based satellite company in respect of its US$14 million fundraising with a mix of equity, debt and customer prepayments to cover the purchase of the satellite, launch service, ground systems and all other project costs.
- PT Purantara Mitra Angkasa Dua in relation to SATS Catering Pte Ltd’s investment into PMAD.
- Sony Music Entertainment Japan on its acquisition of Sozo Pte. Ltd, a global event organizing and management business with headquarters in Singapore and businesses in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, The Philippines and Australia.
- CSS Technologies, an Indian-headquartered technology outsourcing company in its US$115 million refinancing.
- Adknowledge, Inc., a North American advertising technology company on its Asian venture with Axiata Group, an Asian telecommunications companies with controlling interests in mobile operators in Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Cambodia.
- Fertility Associates, one of the most established and successful fertility and IVF clinics across Australia and New Zealand, in connection with its acquisition of the Sunfert International Fertility Clinic group in Malaysia.
- The sellers of Cassis International Pte Ltd., a global Trusted Service Management specialist, in the sale of 100% of its equity to Morpho S.A.
- Mitsui in connection with its 4G LTE joint venture with Lippo Group.
- Charles River Laboratories in connection with its asset acquisition of Brass Pte Ltd.
- Golden Agri Resources in connection with its acquisition of approximately 16,000 hectares of palm oil plantations in Indonesia for a consideration of US$178 million and a further investment of US$220 million in The Verdant Fund, a private equity fund aimed at developing palm oil plantations.
- Honeywell International Inc. in its SGD430 million acquisition of King's Safetywear, a personal protective equipment company with operations in South and Southeast Asia, North Asia, the United States, Europe, and Australia, in a controlled auction process.
- CWT International in its approximately US$94 million acquisition of 73.81% stake in MRI Trading, a Swiss incorporated base metals trading company with international operations.
- J&Partners, L.P., a private fund, in its US$200 million acquisition of the Indonesian and Malaysian gold mining assets of its UK-listed parent, Avocet Mining PLC.
- The selling shareholders in the divestment by auction of PT Jawamanis Rafinasi, one of Indonesia's leading white sugar refineries to Wilmar International.
- The selling shareholders on the divestment of PT Bukit Makmur Mandiri, Indonesia’s second largest mining contractor, in one of Indonesia's largest leveraged buyouts, involving the target company raising approximately US$1 billion to finance its buyout by PT Delta Dunia Makmur Tbk, through a refinancing, a new facility, a bond and an equity offering.
- The purchasers in the acquisition of a stake in PT Mobile-8 Telecom Tbk (JSX-listed).
- PT Rajawali Corpora in the sale by auction of its 56.22% stake in Bentoel Internasional Investama (JSX-listed), Indonesia's fourth largest cigarette maker, to the world’s second largest tobacco group, British American Tobacco.
- Southern Bank Berhad in the transfer of its entire banking business to CIMB Bank Berhad.
- Asia Pacific Breweries in its bid for, and subsequent acquisition of, Foster’s assets in Vietnam.
- A major Indonesian conglomerate in the establishment of a joint venture with a Chinese natural resources company for the acquisition of shares of a company listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
- A leading technology company in respect of its Series I investment into Flipkart.
- Sequoia Capital India in respect of several Series A, B and Series C investments in Southeast Asia.
- Golden Gate Ventures in respect of several seed round, Series A, Series B and bridge investments in Southeast Asia, other fund-related matters and ongoing portfolio management.
- PT Tokopedia, an Indonesian unicorn e-commerce company in respect of its Series D fundraise, corporate matters, including employee options and structuring matters.
- Vickers Ventures in respect of its Series A investment into a Singapore fintech company in the institutional forex trading space.
- Telstra Ventures in respect of its Series B investment into Compare88, a financial technology services company in Singapore, Indonesia and Philippines.
- A Chinese investor in respect of its investment into an Israeli early-stage venture capital fund.
- Appota Corporation, a Vietnamese mobile content distribution platform in respect of its general corporate and structuring matters.
- Zilingo, a fashion and lifestyle marketplace start up, in respect of its expansion into Indonesia.
- AVD Digital Media, a Hong Kong and Chinese interactive digital media company in respect of its general corporate matters including investments, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions.
- SendForensics, a Singapore company engaged in email delivery solutions, in respect of its corporate matters.
- Bali Seafood, a US and Indonesian sustainable fisheries company in respect of its Series A fundraise from Aavishkarr Frontier Fund.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Discussion on M&A — INSIGHT 2020, digital event (May 19, 2020)
- Best Practices when Managing the M&A Auction Process: Strategies for Buyers and Sellers — IFLR Asia M&A Forum, Hong Kong (March 11, 2015)
- University of Cambridge, St. John’s College, B.A., 2002
- University of Cambridge, St. John’s College, M.A., 2005
- England and Wales
- Bahasa Indonesia