David B. Cosgrove, a partner in Dechert’s corporate and securities practice, focuses on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters across multiple industries. Mr. Cosgrove regularly represents financial sponsors in structuring and negotiating leveraged buyouts, add-on acquisitions and disposition transactions.
In addition, Mr. Cosgrove acts for financial sponsors and other investors in growth capital investments, restructuring transactions, rollover investments, funds for dedicated acquisition platforms, and other financing and securities transactions. He also works closely with portfolio companies and executives in designing, structuring and negotiating executive employment and equity compensation arrangements. Mr. Cosgrove is admitted in New York and New Jersey only; he is not admitted in North Carolina.
- FFL Partners (Friedman Fleischer & Lowe) in its sale of Church’s Chicken®, one of the world’s largest quick service chicken restaurant chains, to High Bluff Capital Partners and investment funds managed by FS Investments.
- FFL Partners in its US$100 million investment in Velocity Global, in connection with Velocity Global’s acquisition of global workforce management provider iWorkGlobal.
- NL1 AcquireCo Inc., an entity led by FFL Partners and CDPQ, in its acquisition of New Look Vision Group, a provider of eye care products and services.
- Midwest Dental, a portfolio company of FFL Partners, in Midwest Dental’s sale to Smile Brands Inc.
- CURO Group in connection with the merger of Katapult Holding, Inc. with FinServ Acquisition Corp., a SPAC.
- FFL Partners and its portfolio company EyeCare Partners in the sale of ECP to Partners Group.
- FFL Partners and Icynene-Lapolla in the sale of Icynene-Lapolla to Huntsman Corporation.
- FFL Partners and its portfolio company Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) in the sale of CPI to Wendel.
- FFL Partners, through its portfolio group Laurel Solutions, in the cross-border acquisition of Servelec Technologies.
- FFL Partners and Lee Equity in the acquisition of Summit Behavioral Healthcare, and subsequent sale to Patient Square.
- FFL Partners and Two Sigma Impact in the acquisition of Community Medical Services.
- FFL Partners and Wellstreet Urgent Care in the structuring and negotiation of two joint ventures with hospital systems in Georgia and Michigan for the management and development of urgent care center networks.
- FFL Partners in its investment in and partnership with Perlman Clinic, a provider of urgent care and primary care medical services in California.
- Dubin Clark & Company, Inc. (Dubin Clark) in a series of acquisitions of U.S.-based event rental and event productions companies.
- Dubin Clark in a series of acquisitions of U.S.-based HVAC and related home services businesses (Sila Heating and Air Conditioning, as well as the successful sale to another PE sponsor.
- Dubin Clark in its acquisition of Affordable Water Heaters and Plumbing Services, a long with a number of related add-on acquisitions for this California based home services platform.
- Dubin Clark in its partnership to invest in iRocker, a leading watersports lifestyle company.
- Dubin Clark in its acquisition of Daystar (DPI Brands), a leading automotive performance after-market parts company focusing on off-road vehicles and accessories.
- Dubin Clark in its acquisition of EMPI/Euro Motorparts Group, leading automotive after-market parts company focusing on Volkswagen and other European vehicles.
- Calvert Street Capital Partners in its sale of RxInnovations, a pharmacy software and technology provider.
- Calvert Street Capital Partners in is sale of Premium Inspections, a leading provider of non-destructive inspection and testing services.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- New York State Bar Association
- Trinity College, B.A., 1994
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., 1997
- Admitted in New York and New Jersey only; not admitted in North Carolina