David Chan focuses his practice on corporate matters, with particular emphasis on corporate finance transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, initial public offerings and general compliance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Chan worked at another international law firm in Hong Kong.
Takeovers, Mergers & Acquisition
- The offeror on the scheme of arrangement and delisting of Huifu Payment Limited involving cash and share considerations.
- The offeror on the US$1.1 billion privatisation of China Agri-Industries.
- The offeror on the scheme of arrangement and delisting of China Power Clean Energy Development Company Limited.
- The financial adviser to the offeror on the privatisation of I.T Limited.
- The financial adviser to the offeror on the privatisation of Li & Fung Limited.
- The financial adviser to the offeror on the US$2.03 billion privatisation of Huaneng Renewables Corporation Limited.
- A Hong Kong developer on the acquisition of its controlling stake and the subsequent mandatory general offer by Blackstone.
- A Hong Kong property developer in connection with the disposal of certain properties in the PRC.
- China Financial Services Holdings Limited on the successful resumption of trading of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- The joint underwriters on the US$740 million initial public offering of SenseTime Group Inc.
- A Hong Kong listed semiconductor foundry on its RMB share issue on the Shanghai Stock Exchange Science and Technology Innovation Board.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
Hong KongDechert, 31/F Jardine House, One Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- +852 3518 4756
+852 3518 4777
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.B., 2013
- City University of Hong Kong, P.C.LL., 2014
- Hong Kong