Harley Evans focuses her practice on commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Ms. Evans has acted for claimants and defendants in international and multi-party proceedings in the Commercial Court, as well as in LCIA and LMAA arbitrations and mediations.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Evans was an associate in the London office of an international law firm, advising clients on a range of commercial disputes with a particular focus on the shipping and aviation sectors.
- Acted for a major international airline in its defence of a multi-million dollar expedited Commercial Court claim concerning the breach of aircraft lease arrangements and its associated breach of confidence counterclaim and claim for injunctive relief.
- Represented an international airline in its Commercial Court claim relating to the payment of qualifying maintenance reserves and redelivery obligations.
- Acted for a UK aviation services company in relation to its multiple claims in the Commercial Court concerning various aircraft leasing and charter arrangements; advising in relation to associated freezing injunction application, multi-jurisdictional enforcement actions and settlement negotiations.
- Acted for an international airline in an LCIA arbitration in relation to numerous allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract.
- Represented a prominent British luxury goods retailer in relation to a contractual dispute concerning the sale and purchase of luxury goods.
- Advising various ship owners and charterers in relation to contractual disputes heard in the Commercial Court and arbitration proceedings.
Includes matters handled prior to joining Dechert.
- Liberty Human Rights – providing advice to individuals in relation to human rights issues, such as right to life, liberty and free speech.
- South West London Law Centres – advising individuals in relation to legal matters, including small claims disputes and tenancy/landlord-tenant matters.
- University of Cambridge, B.A., Modern and Medieval Languages, 2016, Upper Second Class Honors
- BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2017, Distinction
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2018, Distinction
- England and Wales