Associate Washington, D.C. National Security
Betsy Feuerstein focuses her practice on national security, regulatory compliance, and international trade matters.
Ms. Feuerstein advises clients on economic sanctions programs administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), national security reviews conducted by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), and export controls under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). She also advises clients in relation to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and anti-money laundering laws and regulations (AML).
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Feuerstein was an attorney in the New York office of an international law firm.
- Russia Sanctions: Where Are We Now and What Could Be Next? OnPoint, December, 2022
- “WRONG”: U.S. Court Affirms Sanctions Risks in Virtual Currency Transactions, OnPoint, May, 2022
- The Evolving Global Foreign Direct Investment and National Security Review Landscape, OnPoint, May, 2022
- Sanctions are “the New FCPA”: A Heightened Focus for DOJ Enforcement, OnPoint, May, 2022
- Further Measures Adopted by Russia in Response to Sanctions, OnPoint, March, 2022
- U.S., EU and UK Impose Unprecedented Sanctions Against Russia, OnPoint, February, 2022
- Western Countries Issue Coordinated Sanctions Following Russia’s Actions in Ukrainian Territories, OnPoint, February, 2022
- U.S. Readies Sanctions against Russia related to Ukraine Crisis, OnPoint, January, 2022
- U.S. Readies Export Controls Against Russia, OnPoint, January, 2022
- OFAC Issues Sanctions Guidance on Virtual Currencies and Ransomware, OnPoint, October, 2021
Washington, D.C.1900 K Street, NW, Washington, DC, United States of America 20006-1110
- +1 202 261 3366
+1 202 261 3333
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2012, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York