Evan Flowers is a disputes partner who focuses his practice on white collar defense and investigations. Originally a criminal defense trial lawyer, he advises individuals and multinationals in the highest value and highest profile multi-jurisdictional matters.
His representations include prosecutions, investigations, AML advisory and compliance matters in a vast range of sectors over the last decade, including financial services, healthcare and pharma, telecoms, defence, aviation, energy and commodities, construction, gaming, technology and consumables. Mr. Flowers' matters often involve bribery and corruption, securities fraud, antitrust cartel and market manipulation issues giving rise to multi-agency investigations.
Mr. Flowers also advises on harm minimization strategies for high-risk commercial transactions and strategic investments, including M&A activity and corporate restructurings. He was a key member of the Airbus legal team that secured a landmark Deferred Prosecution Agreement – the first coordinated settlement between the UK, U.S. and French prosecuting authorities in history.
Mr. Flowers has a successful track record engaging with regulators and government agencies in the UK, UAE, U.S. and Europe, including the UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Competition & Markets Authority (CMA), European Commission (EC), U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ), Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and regulated exchanges (CME, ICE, EEX).
He is currently the lead UK advisor to multiple City traders in the highest profile energy market manipulation investigation in the UK, as quoted in Bloomberg, Daily Mail and The Times.
The Legal 500 UK 2023 lists Mr. Flowers as a key lawyer for Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime. He was named as a white collar “Rising Star” by Euromoney in its 2021 Expert Guide, based on his outstanding reputation among clients and industry leaders.
- Airbus SE in a global investigation into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption, and subsequent coordinated settlements with the UK Serious Fraud Office, French Parquet National Financier, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of State.
- Aer Lingus in a successful defence of Ryanair’s hostile takeover bids and related UK Competition Commission investigation into Ryanair’s minority shareholding in Aer Lingus.
- A major U.S. pharmaceutical company in various internal investigations into sales practices in Russia, Europe and Asia.
- A U.S. technology and outsourcing company with 100,000 employees in a major SEC accounting and securities fraud investigation.
- Successfully defended individual employees of a major automotive manufacturer in hearings before German prosecutors.
- A major European investment bank in an internal investigation resulting in a self- report to multiple UK authorities.
- +44 20 7184 7606
+44 20 7184 7001
- University of Newcastle, Bachelor of Finance, 2003
- University of Newcastle, LL.B., 2005
- King’s College London, Post-graduate Diploma, EU Competition Law, 2015
- New South Wales