- Cerberus Capital Management on its acquisition of approximately 20% indirect ownership or notes convertible into equity in seven MCS Group companies operating in the telecommunications and consumer goods sectors in Mongolia.
- Committed Advisors and NewQuest Capital Partners on their investment in a fund managed by Singapore-based technology investor Basil Partners.
- A healthcare private equity firm on its exit of its interest in a Southeast Asian pharmaceutical group by way of auction and eventual sale to another global private equity investor.
- A global private equity fund on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of specialty chemicals distribution companies based in Malaysia.
- A global private equity fund on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of an air freight service provider as a bolt on acquisition for a transportation and logistics services company.
- An alternative asset management firm on two rounds of investments into a water desalinization company whose primary business is developing energy recovery technology and development and operation of water production assets.
- A private equity and special situations investment firm on the disposal of a Vietnam real estate related investment.
- A global private equity fund on its acquisition of a 60% interest in a service provider in Bahrain and a 25% interest in a travel company incorporated in Bahrain.
- An investment management company on its disposal of a 48% interest in a company incorporated in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to an auto group for SAR34 million.
Mergers & Acquisitions / Joint Ventures
- A regional e-commerce player on the disposal of one of its country businesses, including a localized e-commerce site, to a global player in that market.
- Qoo10 on its acquisition of ShopClues, an India online marketplace in an all stock deal pursuant to a Delaware merger.
- Nestlé S.A. on its S$2.1 billion acquisition of a 60% interest in Hsu Fu Chi (a company then listed on the SGX-ST) and a related joint venture with the founding family.
- SK Telecoms on a joint venture with Grab and various other transactions in the ASEAN region.
- A premier integrated real estate fund manager on the privatization of a fund manager listed on the SGX-ST by a consortium of investors led by a private equity investment company and a trust company.
- A pharmaceutical outsourcing services company on its US$500 million joint venture with a provider of clinical laboratory services to form a global clinical trials laboratory services business.
- A leading provider of global investment management and advisory services on its joint venture with a fund managed by a leading real estate investment management firm to acquire and manage a residential property in China.
- A leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods on its acquisition from a warehousing and storage company of a 51 percent interest in a warehouse and logistics operator in Singapore and Shanghai.
- Square Peg as the lead investor on various venture capital investments including into StashAway.
- Stashaway on its US$25 million Series D fund raising led by Sequoia Capital India.
- Naver Corporation and its consortium partners on its US$80 million investment into Carousell.
- SK Holdings Co., Ltd. on its Series B and Series C investments in Hummingbird Bioscience, a biotherapeutics company.
- SMDV in relation to its Series D investment into an Indonesian based unicorn.
- Carsome on its US$50 million Series C fund raise.
- Tickled Media on its US$30 million Series C and C2 fund raising led by Fosun and JD.com.
- Stockbit, an Indonesian headquartered robo advisor, on its US$30 million Series C fundraise from Sequoia Capital.
- Qxpress on its fundraisings and acquisition of Indian-headquartered Momoe.
- A Singapore-based investment research marketplace in respect of its several fundraisings from Series B onwards.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- National University of Singapore, LL.B., 2007, Second Class Honors (Upper Division), Overall Dean’s List