Richard Herstell focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and has acted on a variety of litigation, white collar and employment law matters for clients from a range of jurisdictions and has represented parties in international and multi-party proceedings in the High Court.
Mr. Herstell has also worked on a number of pro bono matters, including assisting the victims of the Beirut Port blast in their Lebanese law claim against an English domiciled company before the English courts.
Mr. Herstell trained at Dechert and qualified in 2022.
- Various Lebanese banks in defending claims by customers as a result of the Lebanese banking crisis.
- The victims of the Beirut Port Blast in their Lebanese law claim against an English domiciled company in the King’s Bench Division of the High Court.
- SOAS University of London, B.A., Arabic and Economics, 2015, First Class Honors
- University of Law, GDL, 2018, Commendation
- University of Law, LLM Legal Practice (LPC), 2020, Distinction
- England and Wales